My recent work - A mixed bag!

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Its been a while since I've shared on here. So heres some of my recent work. Apologies for the watermarks, its what goes on for when I post on social media :)

Newborn - Max:

Newborn
by rob_mank, on Flickr

Bella's birthday cake smash!!

Bella Cake Smash
by rob_mank, on Flickr

Little Beau in the tub after her cake smash:

Beau
by rob_mank, on Flickr

Never seen a child get so covered in cake!

Beau Cake Smash
by rob_mank, on Flickr

And little 4 month old Isabel:

Isabel - 4 Month
by rob_mank, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. :)

lovely photos mark, some great expressions. The bath tub and last image do it for me, gorgeous and thanks for sharing. Would you mind if I asked what was your lighting setup please? :) (im new to lighting so trying to suck all the info I can) :)

Top drawer stuff as always Rob. You seem to be going from strength to strength. Thanks for sharing

This type of thing is not my field (and way beyond my capabilities likely) so I tend not to comment but these are just sublime.

Real cuties, great work :)

i really like these, they have a real timeless look to them as if they could have been shot in victorian times (and not just because of the antique props etc : ) Isabel looks smashing :)

Lovely set, can't fault them, I'm guessing the parents were really pleased.

The bath tub is probably my favourite.

Good set Rob, I love how you captured Isabels expression and big eyes, good work.

10/10 as always Rob- I look forward to viewing any image you submit fella

Les :clap::clap:

brilliant work Rob. It looks like you are very comfortable in this niche now...I hope you are turning it into cash! :)

Lovely set. Little Beau in picture 3 looks just like my daughter but with longer hair :eek:

nice set, I love Beau in the bubbles (y)

Thank you Judi :)

lovely photos mark, some great expressions. The bath tub and last image do it for me, gorgeous and thanks for sharing. Would you mind if I asked what was your lighting setup please? :) (im new to lighting so trying to suck all the info I can) :)

Thanks Carl, my names Rob, Mank is my surname :)

Lighting set up varies from image to image. It all depends on the look I'm after. For instance Beau in the bubbles was just 1 light. A nice big 120cm Octa feathered camera right. Where as Bella's cake smash was a 3 light set up. 120 Octa feathered to camera right, fill light at camera axis metered 2 stops under key and a little separation light to the rear camera left metered at I think around a stop or maybe 2 under key, I cant remember. As I only wanted a little hint of separation and not want to be too obvious.

If you don't have one, get a light meter. :)

Top drawer stuff as always Rob. You seem to be going from strength to strength. Thanks for sharing

Thanks Stuart! Really appreciate the comment! :)

Lovely, really love the newborn image and the bubbles one!

Thank you :)

Awesome as usual, the PP in the 1st is lovely.

Cheers Matt, my PP is pretty much the same method throughout all my work now. :)

This type of thing is not my field (and way beyond my capabilities likely) so I tend not to comment but these are just sublime.

Cheers buddy!

Fab images.

Thank you very much Ceri

Real cuties, great work :)

Cheers Gramps!!

i really like these, they have a real timeless look to them as if they could have been shot in victorian times (and not just because of the antique props etc : ) Isabel looks smashing :)

Thank you very much, timeless is very much what I aim for. I want my clients to have this stuff hanging on their walls in 20 years time. I don't want them to feel like its some gimmicky crap that will go out of fashion in a few years.

Lovely set, can't fault them, I'm guessing the parents were really pleased.

The bath tub is probably my favourite.

Thank you, yep parents love them. They'd love any photo of their kids though tbh. :)

Kids seem to love the bath tub more than the cake sometimes!! :LOL:

Good set Rob, I love how you captured Isabels expression and big eyes, good work.

Thank you very much!

10/10 as always Rob- I look forward to viewing any image you submit fella

Les :clap::clap:

Cheers Les! Appreciate it! :)

brilliant work Rob. It looks like you are very comfortable in this niche now...I hope you are turning it into cash! :)

Cheers Drew, yea very much found my feet now. Really happy with what I'm shooting atm, which is great!

Great work, are the textured backgrounds post processing?

Thanks, yep texture work is in post.

Excellent set of images. Well done.

Thank you squire!

Lovely set. Little Beau in picture 3 looks just like my daughter but with longer hair :eek:

Cheers Barry! Then you have a cute daughter!! :)

Don't have anything to add Rob. They are superb. As a personal preference, I just prefer the brown backdrop but that's all that is. They are all superb shots and I bet your customers are absolutely made up.

Little Beau cake smash ........ the bath tub with the bubbles is spot and like the pp work a lot....... lovely image

Don't have anything to add Rob. They are superb. As a personal preference, I just prefer the brown backdrop but that's all that is. They are all superb shots and I bet your customers are absolutely made up.

Thanks Gaz! I love brown! So much that I have 3 different shades of it as backdrops :)

Excellent set!

Cheers Rob!

These are all lovely shots, first and last are my favs although all are perfect, do they all share the same backdrop and then changed it in Photoshop ?

They are different coloured paper backdrops with a bit of texture work in photoshop. I use different textures depending on style, colour and look I'm after :)

Little Beau cake smash ........ the bath tub with the bubbles is spot and like the pp work a lot....... lovely image

Thank you very much!

I usually really don't get along with this sort of thing, but these are just wonderful. Can only imagine how pleased the parents were! Amazing work.

I usually really don't get along with this sort of thing, but these are just wonderful. Can only imagine how pleased the parents were! Amazing work.

Thank you Gill. I love what I do and the images I get to create of families special little people. :)

Wow, great set of pictures :) Very cute!

Cheers Awesomekid!

seeing your work now has come on leaps and bounds, i recall your work a year or so back also being fantastic but this is now just amazing work, well done!

Cheers Dan! Really appreciate that comment and its cool you remember my work from last year! Lots have changed over the last year. I've worked extremely hard, had lots of great training from great people. I put a lot of pride in my work, I want to produce the best I can and I know I still have a long way to go too! :)

Back