My Scandinavian landscapes

Edit My Images
Yes
From my vacation made in June 2004 in Scandinavia, they are here in the zone of the Fjord of Geirangen in southern Norway.
Greetings by Lucio from Italy.
For other photo gallery loom MY BLOG
http://superlucius.blogspot.com/

GeirangenFijord.jpg

310431273fekqyh_ph.jpg

310421882dPvLSm_ph.jpg

Ok, having travelled Norway extensively and having some knowledge on the subject matter, these are my honest opinions on these.

#1.Gerainger,dreadful touristy place, must be beautiful in the winter when the cruise ships are away. I see you have taken this from the top of the southern pass. The sky is blown out top left and the whole scene is way too busy, the last point is a difficult one as Gerainger is like that.Perhaps a tighter crop and a ND grad would have helped?

#2. I see that you have tried to get the reflection of the mountain on the quiet surface of the lake, this would have worked better if shot in landscape mode to include more of the reflection.The greens are way too over saturated as well.

#3. Best of the bunch, but needs too lose the railings and shoreline rocks, it needs cropping slightly, that may also get rid of the white streak (aeroplane trail?) top right.Again, it seems over saturated.

Sorry it is all a bit negative, but those are only my opinions.......

*smiles* Just have returned from Norway myself, my wife's from there and I've lived there for years as well.

The first image does suffer from blown out sky.. so a ND grad filter would've been ideal in this situation.. Other than that, I think it is a very typical summer-tourist scene from Norway.

The second one could have a little more in the photo.. it's a bit crowded at the moment.

The last one the best of the bunch... I agree with the losing of railing. Other than that I like it (well the white streak would be nice to be gone).

Hope you enjoyed your travels in Norway!!

It is a beautiful country, the E17 coast road from Mo I Rana up over the circle to near Bodo is simply stunning.....(y)

Straumen..........;)

Maelstrom_and_mountains.jpg

Lovely image......(y)

Can`t remember which glacier this was taken at the bottom of.

Mountainfalls.jpg

Lofoten:)
2540729535_bd6549144f_o.jpg

Sorry for hi jacking your thread superlucius, just having a bit nostalgia here

In the high mountains and in the clouds and in much wetness........:)

Mountaincloudsrain.jpg

Lofoten:)

Sorry for hi jacking your thread superlucius, just having a bit nostalgia here

That is it, we are going back to Norway next year.........:D

That is it, we are going back to Norway next year.........:D

Nice photos, i keep saying its the last time, but wife has family in Bodo area and we keep getting invited back for the kids Konfirmations (8 times to date in the last 16 years)
Love the place though:)

One more then, taken from a boat in the arctic circle with my then camera a Minolta 7i
2576988803_0d9f2df9db_o.jpg

Cloudymountains.jpg

Couple more to whet your apetites......:)

Norwegian Skies

Stormysunset.jpg

Redskies.jpg

Northern Sweden.

Sweden.jpg

Back