My shots of the season

Name
George
Edit My Images
Yes
Well seeing as everyone else is doing it I though I would too... :D

I am so glad I joined this forum. The inspiration and advice I have picked up from here over this past year has been fantastic. I've learnt so much. (y)

Often I come home from the track a bit frustrated but after flicking through and picking out these photos I'm actually really pleased with my year. I can see where I want to improve next season, but I can't say I'm disappointed at all.

As usual, critique is always welcome. :D

1. A very wet day at Mallory park testing. Hoping to visit Mallory Park a bit more in 2013

2. Sauber C9 at The Donington Historic Festival

3. March 76B at the May Silverstone HSCC meeting

4. One of my very rare pitlane shots from the Blancpain race at Silverstone (before the rain!)

5. Audi R8 cautious first lap after the rain hit hit!

6. The Boutsen Ginion McLaren trying to keep up in the spray

7. Gulf Racing McLaren

8. Team RJN Nissan GTR powering out of Luffield

9. The same RJN Nissan GTR, but this time at Rockingham

10. [Insert generic Donington back straight shot here! :D ]

11. Ferrari 599XX at Silverstone

12. Another 599XX from the bridge over the Hangar Straight

13. 458 driving into the blinding sun at Vale

14. A 1/10th pan from the inside of Stowe at the Britcar 24

15. Aston Martin driving past The Silverstone Wing into the night

16. Some light trails at the Britcar 24 race

17. The WRT Audis down the hill into the Melbourne hairpin at the last ever GT1 race.

18. A shot I took at Prescott Hill Climb - A bit Marmitey I know.

19. Another one from Prescott. Think it summed up Autumn nicely.

20. Stunning McLaren M8F at Donington (That noise! :D )

21. Another lesser spotted pitlane shot! :D

22. Ford Capri at the HSCC Finals at Silverstone

23. Another Marmitey shot of a Porsche at the Donington Britcar night race.

Can't wait for the season to start again!

What a terrific set,George ,take a bow,great compositions very well taken,loved looking through them ,and that is from someone who doesnt do circuit stuff,so know little of problems and tribulations.
22,19 and 10 jump out at me,love them ,plus plenty of others.

Pons

Some really nice pics there, 7, 12, and 15 really caught my eye but 18,s my personal favorate,
Dave

Nice set of shots, my favourite would be No.20

I'm so glad you joined the forum so we could see your great photos!

I'm really impressed with what I've seen from you in 2012, you've got some stunning shots and picked out some interesting angles from the spectator side that I hadn't seen before. Your Ferrari day and BritCar 24 stuff was, in particular, fantastic. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your work - and maybe putting a face to the name at a track at some point in 2013. :)

Mulled them over, then mulled them over again...decided they are all excellent and many thanks for sharing!!! (y)

David

hi really good shots there , could i ask what camera settings did you use for photo 3 ?

18 is brilliant !

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Glad to see that people like the shots from Silverstone and Prescott in particular. Two places that I really want to go to more this year. When the weather is good at Prescott it really is beautiful.

I'm so glad you joined the forum so we could see your great photos!

I'm really impressed with what I've seen from you in 2012, you've got some stunning shots and picked out some interesting angles from the spectator side that I hadn't seen before. Your Ferrari day and BritCar 24 stuff was, in particular, fantastic. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of your work - and maybe putting a face to the name at a track at some point in 2013. :)

Thanks. Glad you like those two sets, the Ferrari day was one of my favourite meetings of the year. Definitely have to meet up at the track, I know I said I'd try and say hi at the Donington Britcar race, but I only ended up staying a couple of hours. Will make sure of it this year!

Great set, and shows that you can get good photos from Silverstone if you think outside the box. Also love 18.

Never Understood why everyone complains about Silverstone? The GP circuit is great. You just need a good sturdy pair of shoes! :D National circuit I hate though.

hi really good shots there , could i ask what camera settings did you use for photo 3 ?

It was a really slow pan. 1/13th at f20. From the inside of Stowe at Silverstone as the cars were coming down the Hangar Straight. So just as they were getting on the brakes. Was really annoying because they weren't at a constant speed through the pan and it was bloody windy. The majority of my attempts didn't work, but that one came out nicely. :D

Fantastic work George, some really well thought out and executed compositions. #18 & #19 really stand out for me, fantastic stuff.

Rhod

Back