My son and snow

Edit My Images
No
Hi, i took this about an hour ago, added a bit of enhance to the colour of his hat, just wondering if anything else can be done to improve it as well as any critique.

Many Thanks

bradsnow.jpg

Lovely shot. Great kid and I love his expression. :D I'd definitely crop it pretty substantially to concentrate the attention where it should be, there's mebbe a bit too much duffle coat there? A bit more contrast wouldn't go amiss. I'd seriously consider a vignette with soft edges for that shot. :)

Thanks Ct, i can see what you mean, i should have my edit box checked if anyone wants to play then feel free.

Very quick and cheerful Barry - dinner's on the table. :D
bradsnow.jpg

Nice shot - really good expression, and skin tones look good.

Not sure on the idea of cropping - I think it gives it atmosphere as it is.

Thanks for sharing:thumb:

wow a big difference, i see what you mean about too much duffel jacket now. Thanks Ct, Enjoy your dinner :D

shot4ge.jpg

Couldn't help noticing the colours were a bit off, had a play and did my best to sort it, hope you don't mind mate :)

I tidied up the white matte now. Jonny's rght - you got classic blue snow there! :)

Thats Great Johnny, the actual shot was white snow, i think when i used the colour mechanic to enhance the blue on his hat that its changed the whole image slightly instead of just the hat, the instructions dont teach well on how to just shift one colour.

Both are excellent the wife loves them both too.

Thanks

I have psp9 and a kind fellow from another forum gave me a script he uses for making lanscapes quite mystical il post an example. I tried it on this photo and wondered if it worked

bradsnowtest.jpg

Cracking capture !!! Thought I'd share a Mono version :-

bradsnow.jpg

I bet Mum and Grandma's will be pleased. I just shows that if you start with the right material - what can be done. Some great results but without everything right for that cheeky face nothing would have worked. Truly an example of this forum at its best.

Got to agree with the above.
An excellent shot in the first place and alterations of Ct are very good but think the b/w of DJW is excellent.

What a cracking shot Barry. A keeper for sure..:thumb:

As quoted this is a prime thread for seeing what can be done with an excellent portrait..;)

I like them all. Well done Barry and to all who modified it..:)

Thanks everyone, DJW that is great in Mono, id never have tried that, but well impressed.

nice shot to start with, DJW thats is nice :thumb:

Wow! Firstly really good shot but what DJW does is fabbyrooney!! Care to share how you do this magic DJW?

Basically played with :-
1) channel mixers (set to monochrome) until I got the right tones.
2) Sharpen via unsharp mask at around 25 pixels & 0 threshold to get the "pop" effect
3) smart blur to get rid of pixellation on face. USed layer mask to stop coat / hat getting washed out.
4) Oh & a cheeky catchlight added by white paint in each eye ;)

Glad people like, but credit to model & photographer for such a cracking shot to start with

really nice shot to start with and some really impressive processing after:thumb:

Thanks DJW for your method statement - I will be practising!! Thanks to Barry also for showing us that even in poor weather great shots can be had.

KenCo1964 said:
Got to agree with the above.
An excellent shot in the first place and alterations of Ct are very good but think the b/w of DJW is excellent.

Stole the words right out of my mouth! Also, your boy is absolutely adorable Barrymoir. Love his big brown eyes.

Jewel :)

Back