My Street Photography - CC Please

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone!

I am really into street photography / street portrait.

I just can't stop thinking about it and yesterday was my first time "out with camera"

I am aware that my photos are not perfect. Sometimes I didin't focus on what I planned, or maybe croped in wrong place, but I am trying to draw conclusions to make my photos better and better.

07523dc94b6b44cf8eb3aa5019701a46

f7778df44c9545e0ab34b2b23bac8edb

1fdf9c0d992d46a68a26702385490364

7e0595a382494fdb8f13913c254f7216

f7715c8aaf5c4b199e033844717b8048

5ce127e5257a484e9d955888a9b1c7b6

5b1153b7ffd04fd7bae39e1ca878b167

Hey,

I like the man with the suitcase, wish you used the rule of thirds and put him a little more to the right of the frame but it tells a story, it makes me wonder where he's going...what's in the suitcase etc.

You have a good eye for street photography. Keep at it, and don't hesitate to ask here for gentle suggestions!

Chuck

Hey,

I like the man with the suitcase, wish you used the rule of thirds and put him a little more to the right of the frame but it tells a story, it makes me wonder where he's going...what's in the suitcase etc.

Yes, I know. I wanted him in center because of "the frame" from sunlight ;-)

You have a good eye for street photography. Keep at it, and don't hesitate to ask here for gentle suggestions!

Chuck

Thanks! I will!

I think technically your photos are fine. However I think you probably need to work on the artistic side and your subjects more - some are just average people doing nothing.
Something that's missing that you'll hear a lot with Street Photography - there's no story.

Of them number five is probably the best one although it needs the kid looking directly at the singer with a suitable expression to elevate it.

Good effort for your first time out shooting!
Cambridge I do believe, I recognise the place in all of your images.
I agree with @Ste_S above about concentrating on the story.
#1 I feel compositionally, its lacking a little something. Perhaps if you had taken it from the right hand side, you'd have captured the bloke lying down across the frame with the woman looking into frame from the left?
#2 I would take out of the set, you've missed focus and for that reason it is perhaps the weakest of the set.
#3 I can just about make out the writing on the back of the guys shirt "living the dream" That for me would have made more of a 'story', having him in focus with the guy on the punt in the background more out of focus but still distinguishable in what he was doing.
#4 Isnt showing for me.
#5 For me is the strongest of the set. It tells a story, the lad looks as disinterested as the singer. Well seen and captured.
#6 Again, a strong image. I can see what your intention was in having your subject central to the light.
#7 This is personal preference/ideal but I don't take photographs of homeless/disadvantaged people. More so that the guy is sleeping.....

Good work, keep practicing!

#7 This is personal preference/ideal but I don't take photographs of homeless/disadvantaged people. More so that the guy is sleeping.....

I struggle with this one. Homeless and disadvantaged people are part of society, and I think ignoring them paints a false view. Probably the key is do it is without exploiting them, which is always going to be difficult with photography

I struggle with this one. Homeless and disadvantaged people are part of society, and I think ignoring them paints a false view. Probably the key is do it is without exploiting them, which is always going to be difficult with photography

Different strokes for different folks Steph. It's just my personal outlook.

(Please be aware - I haven't read previous comments, and #4 is showing a red cross - no image available. :()

1, 2 & 3 suffer from a lack of engagement for me. Backs of heads kinda exclude me from the images.

5 is fab but could stand to lose that 'whatever it is on the left hand edge up top' and a little of the foreground. Just needs to bring the viewer in to the image.

6 is also nice, but I'd be tempted to straighten it a tad and go square, losing the periphery above the wall and whatever foreground pavement would be sacrificed. Keep that space to the left though.

7 I find cliche'd. Personal thing to me, so take what you like & leave the rest.

In terms of storytelling, and/or conclusion drawing, it's #6 for me. Very strong image with hunched shoulders and a dejected outlook. The sign adds to the image. That'd be my keeper from the day.

Above all though - welcome to TP! Hope I haven't put you off :)

Hey,

I agree- here's my quick edit :)

uuEAYKW.jpg

Les

I think technically your photos are fine. However I think you probably need to work on the artistic side and your subjects more - some are just average people doing nothing.
Something that's missing that you'll hear a lot with Street Photography - there's no story.

Of them number five is probably the best one although it needs the kid looking directly at the singer with a suitable expression to elevate it.

It was my first time, so it wasn't easy for me. But I will try to get photos with stories behind as it's the main aim for me!

Good effort for your first time out shooting!
Cambridge I do believe, I recognise the place in all of your images.
I agree with @Ste_S above about concentrating on the story.
#1 I feel compositionally, its lacking a little something. Perhaps if you had taken it from the right hand side, you'd have captured the bloke lying down across the frame with the woman looking into frame from the left?
#2 I would take out of the set, you've missed focus and for that reason it is perhaps the weakest of the set.
#3 I can just about make out the writing on the back of the guys shirt "living the dream" That for me would have made more of a 'story', having him in focus with the guy on the punt in the background more out of focus but still distinguishable in what he was doing.
#4 Isnt showing for me.
#5 For me is the strongest of the set. It tells a story, the lad looks as disinterested as the singer. Well seen and captured.
#6 Again, a strong image. I can see what your intention was in having your subject central to the light.

Good work, keep practicing!

#3 this is what I planned to do it, get focus on the man and shallow DOF on the background, but at home I noticed I ruined it.

(Please be aware - I haven't read previous comments, and #4 is showing a red cross - no image available. :()

1, 2 & 3 suffer from a lack of engagement for me. Backs of heads kinda exclude me from the images.

5 is fab but could stand to lose that 'whatever it is on the left hand edge up top' and a little of the foreground. Just needs to bring the viewer in to the image.

6 is also nice, but I'd be tempted to straighten it a tad and go square, losing the periphery above the wall and whatever foreground pavement would be sacrificed. Keep that space to the left though.

7 I find cliche'd. Personal thing to me, so take what you like & leave the rest.

In terms of storytelling, and/or conclusion drawing, it's #6 for me. Very strong image with hunched shoulders and a dejected outlook. The sign adds to the image. That'd be my keeper from the day.

Above all though - welcome to TP! Hope I haven't put you off :)

Thanks!

I agree- here's my quick edit :)

uuEAYKW.jpg

Les

I didn't want to use rule of third and put the man in the center as there is sunlight frame, but it looks like I was wrong.

It was my first time, so it wasn't easy for me. But I will try to get photos with stories behind as it's the main aim for me!

#3 this is what I planned to do it, get focus on the man and shallow DOF on the background, but at home I noticed I ruined it.

Thanks!

I didn't want to use rule of third and put the man in the center as there is sunlight frame, but it looks like I was wrong.

Not wrong at all- if you like it in the centre then just carry on, There is ,to me no wrong or right way in composition :)

Just do what inspire you ...

Les

As someone who has never really looked at street photography, your pictures have definitely got me interested.
My favourites are #5-#7. Keep it up though and thanks for sparking my interest

Back