My Take on Barcelona

Name
Aaron
Edit My Images
Yes
Have not been on here in a while so thought I would come back and share some images with you all.

Few images from my recent trip to Barcelona which I hope you all will enjoy

1. The Sagrada Familia at Night

Immovable by Aaron Yeoman, on Flickr

2. La Sagrera Metro Station

Unending by Aaron Yeoman, on Flickr

3. Passeig de Gràcia Metro Station

Half-Life by Aaron Yeoman, on Flickr

4. Plaça Espanya Metro Station

The Bull and Matador by Aaron Yeoman, on Flickr

5. Looking up in the Sagrada Famlia

8th Wonder of the World? by Aaron Yeoman, on Flickr

6. Casa Batlló

Purity by Aaron Yeoman, on Flickr​

I really like them all, however I do think the processing on the interior shot of La Sagrada is a bit OTT.

Last edited:
Thank you Simon.

Ricardodaforce thanks for the feedback but why do you think its OTT?

I'd say it's overly saturated. For example, I don't think the columns are really purple, and the ceiling doesn't carry that much colour. The shot is brilliantly dynamic though (y)

They're gorgeous shots. I was at the Sagrada Familia the other day and was struggling with focus a lot. LOVE number 1 :)

Loving these, off to just below bacelona for my hols so will be visiting these places when there.

Loving no 1 any chance the cranes could be taken out of the image, should not be two hard with such a black background??

They're gorgeous shots. I was at the Sagrada Familia the other day and was struggling with focus a lot. LOVE number 1 :)

Best way to shoot the ceiling of La Sagrada is to put the camera on the floor and use the self timer (y)

I'd say it's overly saturated. For example, I don't think the columns are really purple, and the ceiling doesn't carry that much colour. The shot is brilliantly dynamic though (y)

Ah OK, I'll take that onboard for future processing but I actually still prefer slightly over saturated.

Lovely Set and Great use of lighting!

Thank you Joe!

Its an amazing building isn't it? I could have spent all day in there, so much to take a photograph. Number 1 is best to go late at blue hour as you may not get that distracting spot light. I ran out of time doing other things so went at night instead. Sadly the cranes were not in the correct position and I could not move the camera back to get more in the frame, hopefully when you go they will be correctly positioned.

Loving these, off to just below bacelona for my hols so will be visiting these places when there.

Loving no 1 any chance the cranes could be taken out of the image, should not be two hard with such a black background??

You will really enjoy it, so much to do and see. Yeah I could have but I just wanted the image to be as true as I could get it and not removing too much of the original image.

Best way to shoot the ceiling of La Sagrada is to put the camera on the floor and use the self timer (y)

Yeah I tried that too, very effective :)

An excellent set, but number 4 is my favourite. Was that taken inside the Sagrada Familia?

When we went I didn't have a camera. After seeing these, I would love to go back now

Back