My take on London

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent Saturday afternoon and evening having a wander around London trying to find something to photo for my local camera club task this month which is Sunrise,sunset, shadows or reflections. Manages to take these two images.
The first was some shadows I saw on the side of the Tower of London caused by the sun reflecting off a nearby building and shining through the railings of Tower bridge. Unfortunately this was shot about 4pm and I have managed to blow out the sky.
The second shot I decided to try and capture the London Eye lit up after sunset reflecting in the Thames. Was hoping for a nice sunset but there was hardly any colour in the sky so went for an alternative.

Open to peoples opinion or critique to help me improve my work in any way.

Queen of Hearts by Ian Diplock, on Flickr

Red Eye by Ian Diplock, on Flickr

Like NO1 appears from what can be seen you have the verticals correct.Certainly where there is lots of buildings can be difficult to maintain the correct levels.
GEORGE.

Well spotted on the first one, I wonder if a crop would make more of the eye-catching shadows and less of the sky or concrete

2 is nicely done, presumably the view is still made difficult by the tideway tunnel construction platforms!

Like NO1 appears from what can be seen you have the verticals correct.Certainly where there is lots of buildings can be difficult to maintain the correct levels.
GEORGE.

I rested the camera on the top of the railings and made sure it was level before taking.

Well spotted on the first one, I wonder if a crop would make more of the eye-catching shadows and less of the sky or concrete

2 is nicely done, presumably the view is still made difficult by the tideway tunnel construction platforms!

Yes I had the scaffolding to my left. Seemed to be the best place to get a good shot without any barges or cranes spoiling the picture.

I like both of them. Agree about the sky in 1 being a little bland but crop any more and you lose the light on the left which would detract from the image. Second is cool, the only niggle if being ultra picky is the wheel being a little close to the top and left of the frame. If you have cropped, it would be good open it up just a tad.

I like both of them. Agree about the sky in 1 being a little bland but crop any more and you lose the light on the left which would detract from the image. Second is cool, the only niggle if being ultra picky is the wheel being a little close to the top and left of the frame. If you have cropped, it would be good open it up just a tad.

The image is the size as shot. I had to set it up close to the frame edge as slight wider and there was a building on the left hand side sneaking into the image.

Back