My take on Warton 17th Nov.

Name
Luke
Edit My Images
Yes
I am after some feedback on my setup aswell as showing my snaps. Was starting to get heavy cloud and light rain near the end.

So today popped down to Warton for an hour but didnt take my ladder big mistake!. Anyways 3 Typhoons went out which was only my second time seeing a Typhoon but this was better as it was the first time i have seen them light the burners up :cool:. I am not to happy with the pictures and they have come out rubbish IMO maybe 1-2 good ones....

4112829280_05aa8940b5.jpg

4112830562_cc79b9eb23.jpg

4112830934_129f6f223b.jpg

4112833500_2cd1704705.jpg

More here.. http://www.flickr.com/photos/41235585@N04/?saved=1

Thanks as always
Luke

Last edited:
With this picture i see the tower is pretty sharp yet the plane isnt. Now i have my AF Point set to Auto, Has it picked the tower as the nearest object and focused on that?. Sorry if it sounds silly just i am still learning whats what.

4112828584_7929ca278f.jpg

Luke

nice pics mate and yeah sounds like thats whats happened with your AF always best to control it manually but if things like this never happened then none of us would learn would we

Not sure if someone can help me out here, but is it normal for people to walk up to the fence at BAE Warton to photo the latest and greatest?

Personally I get on site occasionally because of my job but I never knew people could just turn up and take photo's from the other side of the fence. I would have thought security would be all over it. Or is there a specific viewing area?

Did you get any shots of the T2 pair that got airborne at around 330pm?

Cheesy

You can just turn up at Warton and take pictures, We use free standing ladders to look over the fence which sercuity doesnt mind, But i have heard they come round time to time to see whats happening but dont bother you. And by all accounts they can see reg plates aswell from the camaras.

Cheesy, No mate i didnt, I left at 2:20PM as the weather came in and started drizzling, Plus i could only stay till 3PM, Shame i missed them.

Luke

Will give it a try next time. I got alittle wrapped up in seeing a Tiffs as only the 2nd time i have seen one at Warton, And first time when using the burners.

Will try and get down Friday lunch weather permitting as seems to of been a few busy Fridays of late.

Luke

It's not an official viewing area, but there is an area on Naze Lane in Freckleton where you can park and take pics from. It's not on BAE land so there's no security issues. Cameras are NOT allowed on site.

Which area of Naze Lane are you talking about, either of these two? Only I fancy a trip up there one day next to try out some shooting methods I've started dabbling with.
717603566_kk99n-M.jpg

Which area of Naze Lane are you talking about, either of these two? Only I fancy a trip up there one day next to try out some shooting methods I've started dabbling with.
717603566_kk99n-M.jpg

The one at the bottom of the picture. If you just go round the bend and keep driving you will see a sort of layby area.

Luke

Bertha37, Also you will see the bottom of the road has a fence and people park there with some decent height ladders, Can get closer shots when they rotate.

Neil, Ye hopefully, Hoping for a dry few hours.

Luke

Back