Critique My top ten images of 2016

A cracking array of images Steve. Looks like this year will be a hard one to beat.

The Etive shot with the mist is my personal fave. Quite different from the standard moody clouds or sunrise shots of this extremely popular location.

Hope you have a happy and very prosperous new year :)

Well that is a gorgeous set - you can be very proud of them. It was good to read through the descriptions of the images as well, and how you went about it.

The subtle colours and well-selected shutter speed make Rattray Lighthouse my top choice. A very simple clean composition that works very well. Your misty Mor shot is a cracker too.

And now I'll shamelessly copy your idea for a "top 10" blog post :).

It's a good ideal.Helps you really a) look back and take pride in what you've done b) helps you think about what has gone well, what hasn't c) the direction you are going.

For instance I've used a long lens a lot more this year and taken a lot more travel type images.Whilst I do Glencoe are a lot, its helped me think beyond my patch and motivated me to spend more time exploring new places.

The Etive shot with the mist is my personal fave. Quite different from the standard moody clouds or sunrise shots of this extremely popular location.

Hope you have a happy and very prosperous new year :)

I just went through these and agree, that really is a wonderful shot. But I enjoy looking at all of your work and reading your comments on other people's pictures too. Best wishes for 2017

I knew they would all be good before I looked at them Steve, but #5 is the standout image for me as it is both interesting and just that bit different from the rest. I know that BEM, Rannoch Moor, etc are hotspots, but #5 tells me you stopped and explored the scene when others might have passed by. (y)

Last edited:
I knew they would all be good before I looked at them Steve, but #5 is the standout image for me as it is both interesting and just that bit different from the rest. I know that BEM, Rannoch Moor, etc are hotspots, but #5 tells me you stopped and explored the scene when others might have passed by. (y)

Its easy to find, scoping an angle isn't hard. It is right by the roadside, you just need to know where to look.

I nearly went with this one instead but I think I can get a better version of it another time

_DSC9456 Version 2 by Stephen Taylor, on Flickr

Back