My trip up north

Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots from my recent trip to Ullapool and Skye (and everywhere in between), my first outing with the 40D.

stacpollaidh001tw3.jpg

hillsbm7.jpg

ullapoolpa1.jpg

plocktonbayal0.jpg

quanrighzo2.jpg

skyetreekr3.jpg

skyephoneboxuu5.jpg

glengarryviewpointvy9.jpg

cuillinshikersuz3.jpg

eillandonan004pg5.jpg

All C&C welcomed.

Dave

Superb set of photos! Actually like them all (one or two of them may have a bit too much sky?). Good first trip with the camera.

Cheers,

Neil(y)

Looks like you've got the hang of your 40D Dave, I know 5,8,9 and 10, give us a clue on where the rest are ;) good set.

Your just down the road from me BTW.

Superb set of photos! Actually like them all (one or two of them may have a bit too much sky?). Good first trip with the camera.

Cheers,

Neil(y)

Thanks Neil, was a great first trip, I think I might be in love with it!! :LOL:

#5 (q'uirang) and the one of Loch Aber (?) #8 stand out for me.

Looks like you had a good mixed bag of weather?

Did you enjoy the scenery?

Looks like you've got the hang of your 40D Dave, I know 5,8,9 and 10, give us a clue on where the rest are ;) good set.

Your just down the road from me BTW.

Thanks, think it's about time we arranged a meet around this area, quite a few posters from around here.

Locations

1. Stac Pollaidh (north of Ullapool)
2. Layby just north of Ullapool
3. Ullapool
4. Plockton
5. Quiraing (Skye)
6. Graveyard on Skye (where Flora MacDonald is buried)
7. Phonebox in the north of Skye
8. Glengarry Viewpoint
9. The Cuillins
10. Eilean Donan Castle

Dave

5, 8, 9 and 10 are all aweeeeeesome! :D

Well done mate, looks like you had a blast!

#5 (q'uirang) and the one of Loch Aber (?) #8 stand out for me.

Looks like you had a good mixed bag of weather?

Did you enjoy the scenery?

Thanks, the weather was very changeable, but in general we were very lucky.

I love the scenery up the west coast, I've been up a few times with work and holidays before, but it's the first time I've went up with time to spend with the camera.

The only bad thing was the midges, every stop involved a swarm descending over me and I'm bitten all over, despite the Avon skin so soft!! :LOL:

really nice set

I love highlands, particularly the eilean donan castle. :)
well done!

made me jealous you have,supposed to be up there this week,but couldnt go ,,,love the one of ullapool,been p,,,d there may a time(on my fishing expeditions)like skye as well,sligachans the midge capital of the world,,,love the pics ,love the camera,,,neil:)

Cracking set. Number 5 actually made me say "oh Wow". :)

Great photos, love seeing shots of my home country. Did you happen to notice if Tea by the Sea was there ? it was to the left of the last building in No3 I think. A tea shop cum gift place ran by a lovely couple who were either Aussie or Kiwis sorry cant remember but they did fantastic home made food.... memories of piping hot home made tomato soup and strawberry desserts to die for !!!!

very nice set of images. i think my favourite is your shot of the trotternish ridge from the quairing. i also think the cuillins shot is a good one though the horizon is a tad central, you must also be pleased of your eileen donan castle shot, looks like you had picture postcard weather for it, when i am there is usually dull and wet!
i have noticed a water splash or dust bunny just above thre rock in the water just above the shoreline.

thanks for sharing

dave

5, 8, 9 and 1 are my fav too. A great 1st outing with the camera I'd say!

nice pics, i love this part of the world...none of the mighty Suilven?

Thanks, we drove round to Suilven, but unfortunately, most of it was covered in cloud! Didn't have time to head back!

I'll get it next time.

Dave

Thanks very much to everyone for the kind comments, means a lot that so many good photographers like them.

Dave

nice pics, i love this part of the world...none of the mighty Suilven?

Here's what we seen of Suilven!

suilvenvn9.jpg

Dave

....and the best bit - is we get to see the views without being bitten by a 1,000,000 midges! :)

Lovely set. Well done. I got a 40D recently & Im in the learning process. I normally select f11 for landscapes. I see from your exif data (btw appreciated) that you used f22 for your landscapes which have great DOF.
Am I selecting the wrong f number in AV? Can you advise why you selected f22. Cheers, Misty.

5, 8 and 10 are great :)

Been a couple of years since I did a trip that far up north. Fond memories revived seeing your photos. (Although my last visit there was torrential rain and howling gales for the entire trip!)

Back