My very first HDR today.

Well, I like the compisition, in fact I love the compisition in the 1st, but I am not keen on the colour cast in either. They have that wierd HDR thing going on which I am unable to put into words, something to do with the greens and oranges make the image look wierd in HDR.

Can we see the normals as I would love to compare.

G.

Nice composition on the canal, but like gary said, erm, what he tried to say? Is it the luminocity thats too high? I'm useless with HDR anyway!

There seems to be a bit of a glow around the tree and building...other than that, not bad :)

Big 'orrible halos, oversaturated and too sharp.

What was wrong with the originals?

Jesus, leave the poor bugger alone, he just wanted to try out HDR... :LOL:

Saying that, as far as HDR shots go, they don't really cut the mustard. The shots themselves are fine (as in comp and exposure, although no.2 may be slightly tilted to the right) but you've not added anything to them by tonemapping.

look out for the cloud, good cloud makes a damn good photo

Hi John

Nice compositions on both, you cant tell it was raining in the canal shot, and its a pity there where no decent clouds either and just that flat grey sky that we had, think we need to get some good clouds for HDR, good first try at HDR though.

Dave

Last edited:
rather pleasing shots the blue on the boat seams to rail against the rest of the image otherwise the look rather natural but the tonemapping has not as stated added anything. dont let any comments put you off stick at it if hdr is what you like. Keep taking pics and keep posting if you can i dont seam to get chance to get pics one.
All the best.

Thanks for posting the HDR shots eosjohn because as I didn't really know what HDR was I have done a bit of Googling and learnt something new...there is so much to learn in this photography lark and I am quickly running out of brain cells; but it is a nice way to go mad :bonk:

Thanks for posting the HDR shots eosjohn because as I didn't really know what HDR was I have done a bit of Googling and learnt something new...there is so much to learn in this photography lark and I am quickly running out of brain cells; but it is a nice way to go mad :bonk:

Yeah I went mad some time ago i know what you mean keep going with the head down.

The canal shot doesn't really do anything for me, it looks a bit flat & dull to say it's a HDR.

The Botany Bay shot is a great shot, not the kinda thing i'd HDR, but each to their own.

I completely agree with Gary on these too. I have a strong feeling the originals will be tons nicer than the HDR version you posted. Sorry.

Back