My Website. (again)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11799
  • Start date
I was just wondering what people thought of it? I know its quite simple, but I don't want to clutter it up to much. I'm still unsure about the Profile page and unsure about the banner.

http://www.trl-photography.co.uk

T.

Ok here goes:

General: It is uncluttered but I'm not sure about the 2 random images you have in the banner. It's not going to win any awards in the design dept but it does get the point accross.

HOME: I would replace/remove the following-

'I am from a place called'
'As you may be aware'
'If you are interested in me'

PORTFOLIO: The images are tiny and looked squashed?

EXTERNAL: I'd completely remove this, do you really want clients seeing your friends wall postings, for example: "lol how long you been off work?"

CONTACT: You're missing an 'I' off of 'If'. Not sure about the business card PDF download? Maybe an outlook business card might be better?

Cheers

Dean

Thanks for the feedback mate. I have changed the things you suggested and have also increased the image sizes on the portfolio pages.

The External Part, do you mean the Profiles page or the link to TL Photography?

Thanks again for taking the time mate (y)

I've just had a quick look through and I like the layout - here are a few of the things I would change though:

1) On the home page you have the sentence "You can view my Portfolio, by visiting my Portfolio page. Click here." Both 'Portfolio' and 'here' are links to the same page. I don't think you need both the click here and the underlined Portfolio, so I'd choose one and go with it.

2) The external profiles page links to external pages which do not fit the confines of your site and so they introduce horizontal and vertical scrollbars in the middle of the page, which made me think the page had loaded incorrectly (this is in firefox, so maybe it's a browser issue). You either need to widen your real estate to allow for the external pages, or get rid of the external profiles all together (which would be my choice for a business website)

3) In your portfolios I would remove images which are similar. I noticed you had two in your landscape portfolio where one was in color and one was in B&W. You've also got two mini shots which are very similar (just an angle change). I would personally keep one shot from each shoot you think is the best representation of your work. Prospective clients may think that you are short of photos and so filling space.

4) I would rearrange the photos in your portfolios so the strongest image is the one you first see. Start and end each series with your best wow factor shot.

I also got a bit confused as to why you had a link to TL photography from TRL photography as they seem to follow a similar theme.

Sorry, all that sounds really negative and doesn't do justice to the fact that I do actually really like the layout, navigation and content.I just think it needs to be tweaked.

Thanks mate for spending time going through it. I will remove the dreaded iframe from the profiles page lol.

I can also see what you mean with regards to the order of my photographs. I will sort this out also.

The link to TL Photography, is a link to my personal photography website, so potential clients could also have a look at my other work if necessary. I should maybe explain this on the site?

I would personally keep the two separate. If you've got photos on your personal site that you think may impress clients, then put them on the TRL site. The advantage of keeping the two separate is that you can make whatever changes you see fit to your personal website, express any opinions as vocally as you wish etc. If you ever felt the urge to smother the personal site in blink tags and use neon pink writing on black laid over a dancing elephant theme, then you can without thinking "ahh, but what will prospective clients think?".

Yeah. I never thought of it that way.

Thanks mate (y)

Back