My website - WIP - Thoughts so far?

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I had a play on Weebly at lunch, annd this was the result.

http://rmphotographic.weebly.com/index.html

It is a very rust first cut, with not Gallerys yet, no spell check etc etc.

I would very much value your thoughts and suggestions though. My knowledge of websites, html, CSS etc is absolutely nothing so keep it simples please!

Thanks (y)

Rob

I like simplicity and your site is easy to navigate with no frustrations, well done.

Thanks! Always encouraging to hear its easy to navigate round.

Yep I like it too, very simplistic which is Key for non business websites in my opinion.

Loads quickly
Easy to Navigate
Colours are easy on the eye
Fonts are consistent

Im thinking maybe the content could be slightly wider as it looks a bit slim on my monitor (although my resolution is 1920x1080).

Thanks, I agree about the content area needing widening a bit. I'll have a play and work out how to change the pre set.

This will be a real learning curve for me!

If you need any help let me know as ive got a lot of knowledge of HTML and CSS

As its a minor change, I could advise you what bit of code you need to change if you wanted?

Cheers! code advise would be great. I don't even know where to look. (y)

I have used a basic template thats drag and drop on weebly. You can go into advance edit mode where you can alter html and CSS directly but its outt my league at the moment!

Go into the main_style.css file and edit the following to change the width of the content:

Code:
 .main {[COLOR="Red"]width:850px;[/COLOR] margin:0 auto; text-align:left;}

You need to change the pixel size of the 'width:'

As I said, I am on a large resolution monitor so it may look ok on everyone elses.

Let me know if you need to make any more changes and I can tell you which bits of code to edit.

Back