My Wednesday nights efforts

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Never done any kind of milky way shot before. I decided to head for Mam Tor. There was quite a lot of light pollution so it wasn't the best spot, but I was happy with my results for a newbie! :D And it was absolutely packed too. Pretty sure it's not that busy in the day time! I left the house at 7pm and got home around 2am. And then proceeded to do bugger all at work the following day. :D

Here are a few...

Got there just in time for sunset but i wanted something different to the normal shot... Ended up with this:

BAAAAAAAAHHH
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Then i waited FOR AGES for it to even start to get dark so i set myself up in a little bum sized crater in the side of Mam Tor itself and waited whilst looking up at the sky changing almost by the second! The winding road down towards Edale was perfect for a light trail.

Sunset and Meteor hunting

Tried to get some sort of interest in the shot aswell as the MW... It was very difficult indeed. Light pollution was immense. Much more than i thought.

Sunset and Meteor hunting

And then i decided to shoot a few looking straight up. Kinda cool what the camera see's.

The Miky Way

Hope you like them! Would love some feedback, especially as i have never done this kind of stuff before. Any pointers are more than welcome!

David.

Back