weekly My Week So Far (farrance) - WEEK 5 ADDED!

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all! And firstly, thanks for taking a small amount of interest in my 52!

The main aim of this is to discipline me into actually maintaining something! So what I've decided to base my 52 project on is the most important thing that happened to me in the week or to document the biggest change.

I suppose the first week doesn't count, as I'm not exactly super important or a big change but I figured I wanted to put a face to my username!

I'm going to do my photo every sunday and reward myself for not leaving it to the last hour, like I usually do!

_MG_1224_zps0a3cbe05.jpg

I wonder how personal this could get.. :thinking:

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi. Great picture. Like the way the eyes are sharp and rest very slightly out. Your attention is drawn straight to the eyes.

Hi. Great picture. Like the way the eyes are sharp and rest very slightly out. Your attention is drawn straight to the eyes.

Thank you kindly! Shooting wide open with a 50mm on a 5D mk2 means the DoF is very thin! I'm surprised anything was in focus to be honest!!

Hi ya & welcome to the 52's :wave:

Excellent start with a great sp...has a dreamy kind of feel to it , all nice n soft but sharp eye's...(y)

Much appreciated! I think I made it look a bit too intimidating but if you say differently I'll probably have to reconsider!

:)

That's a great shot, Alex. Staying away from the themes has some pluses!

Here's my Sunday picture!

I went to a quarry in the more outback parts of Somerset. Triscombe stone to be exact. I wanted to try the gritty black and white look a bit more, I promise I'll upload something that isn't black and white next week!

So yeah, I had a bit of fun shooting with a friend of mine. I also adopted the Exposure To The Left and used Lightroom to sort the rest out. I'm quite pleased with the result to be honest!

Also, I've figured out the theme to My 52. It's gonna be called 'My Week So Far'
As I've explained before, it'll be the most important picture/moment of my week and I'm assuming I'll pop in the odd urgent thing as it's needed! :)

Hope you like the picture!

Settings were; Auto-Chinon 135mm F2/.8 @ F/3.5, ISO640.

886607_498661076856903_1406875100_o.jpg

And I aware I uploaded it at 1am on a Monday.. don't hurt me! Sundays the upload day for me! :)

Any suggestions for week 3? Something to spark my inspiration perhaps? I won't be lying if I say this week is going to be horrible :(

Late post! I'm such an idiot!

I hope this makes up for it, I went out to Bishops Lydeard and took a few snaps of the gaps in the sky. Couldn't tell you how COLD IT WAS.

Yes, I'm aware that the stars are moving across the screen. I'm not really sure on how to combat that, I assume it's a combination of making sure the lens is fast enough and shortening the exposure. Whats the calculation for getting still stars? This was ISO 3200, 30s @ F4.

Let me know what you think!

893409_502458063143871_577905345_o.jpg

I think that works REALLY well as it is, love the colour and movement in the sky.

Just lose half of the black off the bottom, and it'll do for me!

I like your last two images...
And, I also think your last one needs to bottom cropping... but, it's still a great image.

I like your last two images...
And, I also think your last one needs to bottom cropping... but, it's still a great image.

Noted! I agree to be honest, it's very overpowering

I think that works REALLY well as it is, love the colour and movement in the sky.

Just lose half of the black off the bottom, and it'll do for me!

Thank you so much!!

Hi Alex

Love that portrait of your friend , lovelt DOf & good focus & mono suits....

The stars...love the colors...crop a smidge from the bottom though

ps....can you post slightly smaller images..... I can't fit your shots on my screen in one go :crying:

Hi Alex

Love that portrait of your friend , lovelt DOf & good focus & mono suits....

The stars...love the colors...crop a smidge from the bottom though

ps....can you post slightly smaller images..... I can't fit your shots on my screen in one go :crying:

Noted! Week 4 is uploading as we speak! Downsized too :)

Here's week 4!

My Dad celebrated his 50th birthday this week, so I took this portrait of him whilst at the birthday dinnner he had.

Due to shooting indoors and not having a flash gun, I was shooting at 3200ISO wide open! I think I managed to get the DoF in the right place though :)

8566819368_497ce058fb_z.jpg

Used my 5D with the 50mm F/1.8 at ISO3200. Handheld too!

Definitely need a flashgun.. probably gonna have a gander at them Yongnuo units... :)

Week 5 is now up, I can successfully say I've been doing this for more than a month. Yay for me.

I've been thinking alot this week about time, I've also decided to give this thread a bit of direction with some actual themes to stick with. So I'm going to chime in rather late to the party with the TP52 project guideline things. I suppose it merits me to be able to interpret a different type of translation. Give you all an opportunity to see how I see etc.

So yes, Time.
I had a thing about it the other day and I thought; where do I spend most of our time? Logically, it's most probably in a bed/bedroom. It also gave me an opportunity to try out my new portable studio thingymajig! For those asking, it's a YN565EX with the usual amazon stands, umbrella and triggers. Power was at 1/32.

project52_zps4d8a2fdd.jpg

I'm really excited to see what I can do with this flashgun, I'm very very intrigued by it's power!

Back