My weekend ( the same as ant's weekend lol )

Edit My Images
Yes
I got alot done this weekend:

- Met Magpieant and Stu from TP forums
- was involved in a car crash
- didn't embarrass myself with poker
- put up with spending the day in a city full of maggies*
- saw 3 people, with 4 cameras in the same car ( us ) all fail to get one pic of the other guys registration in the crash*

* newcastle supporters
*crash = small bump with a van on a roundabout?

Heres some of the shots that i got from the weekend.
to see Ant's shots... click here:
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=32231

Taken on a pentax K100D, mostly using my 90mm prime 2.8 DI macro lens, a few witht he kit lens and a couple with an old manual 28mm prime
iso was 200

90mm,iso200

birdievv4.jpg

busker1iq9.jpg

#3 the millennium bridge, gateshead
milbrid1hv5.jpg

#4 SUMO skater :)
sumo1tg2.jpg

#5 The sage, Gateshead: architecture isn't my strong point... not really sure what to look for.
sage1jx8.jpg

#6 - one of the kids that told us of the 'skate competition, and Stu risking it all in the name of photography!
skater4gg6.jpg

To the skate park...

skate2dh1.jpg

skate1ry6.jpg

skater3su6.jpg

C&C welcome, thanks for looking.
Rick

A nice set my friend !!!

I like the work you have done on that sumo / banksy affair. I couldn't see the picture at the time, but like what you have done to it.

I also like the bridge & Sage - but I am bias and miss home so they were always bound to be my faves!!!!

Good work on the skaters too - hard subjects to capture - nice effort.

For your clarification ... when a Van ploughs into the side of you and shunts your car 3 foot sideways, it can be classified as a crash. The only reason there was not more damage was due to my quick evasive driving ;) . And the fact that the Swedes make tough cars!!!

I was in shock so cannot be blamed for not getting the shot of the reg plate - as for you and Stu ........ where's a photojournalist when you need one?

As for being 'invited' to spend time in our lovely city .... who could ask for more? At least the lads won ! (More than the mackems did :) )

Anth.

really like number 5. But the border competes with the archtechture of the image.

Nice stuff Rick looks like it was a good day, wish I could have made it. Let me know next time your interested in a meet, just need to clear it with the Mrs as she will be stuck with the kids

?

As for being 'invited' to spend time in our lovely city .... who could ask for more? At least the lads won ! (More than the mackems did :) )

Anth.

Oi no call for that :bat:

Mr Wile - my apologies !!!! Honest!!!

After a brief chat with Rick, we're hoping to maybe do a shoot round the Durham area (or Seaham Pier) - or both ???? No dates sorted as yet, although I am up in the North East next weekend - so if anyone's around ????

Anth.

Mr Wile - my apologies !!!! Honest!!!

After a brief chat with Rick, we're hoping to maybe do a shoot round the Durham area (or Seaham Pier) - or both ???? No dates sorted as yet, although I am up in the North East next weekend - so if anyone's around ????

Anth.

Its my little boys birthday on saturday so I can't make that day, I'll try to make another day if I can :)

Back