Carl Davis
Edit My Images
Yes
comments welcome

*ADDED 2 MORE Post 21***

465206047_3AcFd-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I'll offer my twopenneth. First the bad points:

Background (wallpaper) is very distracting (much too sharp) and offers nothing to the image, perhaps if you had posed your wife further from the wall and used a wider aperture it would not be so offputting. Small white flower on the third RHS is one of the brightest parts of the image and draws the eye there after a while.

It is a pity that the dress has moved down a touch and exposed the mole on your wife's right side above the breast, once noticed I find it very hard not to keep looking at it, perhaps you could clone it out. I realise that it is a feature of you wife's anatomy, but in a glamour style context it is a little distracting. if the dress had been a little higher it would not have been an issue.

Now the good points:

I like the hint of the stocking top showing as it teases the mind.

You are a very lucky man to have an attractive wife who is willing to pose for you, and as your techniques improve I am sure you will produce some excellent shots together.

Last edited:
You have a wife with superstar looks. I bet she would suit B&W really well

Her right hand doesn't seem to sit comfortably in the frame, almost like it's not hers. The shadow on the face/neck is ok but the shadow of the edge of the dress on her leg is distracting, just about looks like the top of a stocking! You wish! haha

Methinks she'll be pleased with your efforts?

thanks for the comments.
It is just a shadow not a stocking.
I like the back ground as I think people shoot way too much against either horrid mottled backgrounds or plain ones. I agree *** it would have been nice to shoot at a wider aperture but as the distance from wall to wall was 7ft it wasnt an option.
the distance also add to the problem with the hand is shooting this wide distorted things a little.

Thanks again

I like number 1. Would look nice in B & W. As you already know, you have a stunning wife who seems willing to pose for you. You should be pleased with your efforts. Still think it would look nice in B & W. ;)

Kev.

Does she know you are posting these on the Net? My wife would throw a fit if I posted any sort of pic of her online!

lol psybear. yeah she knows and is happy with me doing it. she would rather I was shooting other models as it would take up a little less of her time but I cant afford to hire one and I cant find any willing to work tfp.

Lucky you then. Nice shots btw, I should've said that first time around. I also think they would look well in B&W.

I really like these, even the bg suits the shots IMO, and they're nicely posed, but I just can't get past the overall red cast and the radiation burn skin tones. ;)

3243525503_0088ac6422_o.jpg

3243525579_3963d328fd_o.jpg

thanks although the redcast was deliberate even though it was a little to much in the 2nd one you edited. I was playing with coloured gels, I didnt think it would be to everyones taste.
If i compare the first one you edited it looks cold and grey now compared to the original. Im thinking of going back to it and tweaking it some more to play up on it.
But thanks for the edit as I really dont mind anyone having a play and I quite often find there are things I do deliberatly that others dont like.

Ah right if you were using gels that would explain it. It was a heavy red cast mind you so it was bit of a struggle to get back to a decent skin tone.I'd agree they could be a tad warmer, but it's just my opinion anyway and I do have a thing about skin tones. ;)

Back