My youngest daughter kate

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken this evening, hope you like.

IMG_5628B.jpg

I like it, it's nicely lit.

What was your setup for this kind of shot? I'm just getting into portraiture so it would be interesting to know.

One little thing that I dont like about the photo is the editing around the hair on the right side, it doesn't look right.

Its a lovely formal portait of your daughter - well done. I concur with the other comments on the background and the stray hairs between her neck and bust other than that nicely exposed by a proud father

I like it, it's nicely lit.

What was your setup for this kind of shot? I'm just getting into portraiture so it would be interesting to know.

One little thing that I dont like about the photo is the editing around the hair on the right side, it doesn't look right.

A small soft box at approx 60º from the camera left set at approx 45º looking down
A medium sized softbox for fill almost immediately to the right of camera, set at 1 stop less than the key light.

A small reflector with medium grid skimming off the hair from the rear rhs.

Final exposure f11.

I have embedded another of which has only been spotted, not sure what you mean about the hair, but appreciate your CC.

Its a great shot, with a very pretty model.(y)
But the processing doesn't blend with the background very well!:shrug:

Spence

The background was probably not the best choice with the colour of her hair.

Must get my eyes fixed, don't see any problem with the hair?

Very nicely taken Photo

Thank you

Its a lovely formal portait of your daughter - well done. I concur with the other comments on the background and the stray hairs between her neck and bust other than that nicely exposed by a proud father

Many thanks

2 (relatively untouched)
Almost-raw.jpg

Many thanks all.

Last edited:
the hair looks soooo much better now mate..

md(y)

It's a nicely lit shot with a nice pose, but it looks a touch soft to my eyes.

I think that may be down to resizing and compression, it prints fine, but I appreciate your cc. Thank you.

the hair looks soooo much better now mate..

md(y)

Thank you, I always have to meddle :shake:

Much prefer the second shot. Beautifully lit and super sharp. Bet she's happy with it (y)

Many thanks.
Lol, she's never happy with my pics of her.

She and a previous boyfriend, spent about £500 at a studio in London and came back with just a CD with some very plain and some poor shots, of which I had to print. She loved those ones - DOH.

Hi steveathome

Lovely shot and subject.
Don't see much difference with the edit / original.
Think you'd have saved yourself a little processing time if you'd have spent a minute or two fixing the hair before shooting.
One thing I'm not so keen on is the stray hairs just below your daughter's neck - again you could have sorted before shoot. Not a huge issue though.

Yep, a lot to be said for planning and preparation.

Many thanks for your honest CC.

this is the kind of thing i meant mate..

not a massive difference but some..

Almost-raw_edited_by_md.jpg

md:shrug:

nothing major..
very slight usm if it helps about 0.4 on the radius.

took the reflection out of the one eye.
and slightly desaturated it..thats about it really . it was a nice photo to start with imo..

md

Back