Mystery Camera

prince

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Was at trafford centre today and walked past the model shop and saw a chap crouched down with a kind of mini tripod with a camera sat on top of it. Didnt pay much attention to it. Approx 30 mins later walking back to go to the car park the chap was messing about in his bag and i had a quick look at it. It looked like a nikon from the back as it had the screen cover and the typical nikon look but when i walked past and i turned round to see the front it had the brand and model number taped up?

Why would that be? Possible new model being tested out by a pro?

It looked massive, bigger than a nikon d3x i saw a while back.

Last edited:
Some people do that if they shoot a lot in public to deter muggers. Nikon or Canon plastered on a camera shouts 'lots of money, steal me!' Don't know if it works though.

Yeah i can understand that. It might be that then. Did look like a really big camera though. My wife says men exaggerate size alot so ill put it down to that lol

It could have been a medium format size DSLR there are a few around now.

You would think that they would test them closer to home though!

Some people do that if they shoot a lot in public to deter muggers. Nikon or Canon plastered on a camera shouts 'lots of money, steal me!' Don't know if it works though.

Yup...

leica.jpg

That's a Leica M9....

Yeah must be that then. You would have thought that he would have just put a canon sign on it and had total peace of mind then. lol

(awaiting mass beatings off dedicated canon togs)

I never thought about masking up the camera for safety before :p I put black tape over the lowepro logo on my bag when I went travelling once for a bit of piece of mind.

I've never really understood this because the tape just suggests you have an expensive camera that you want to disguise, as no-one with a 'cheap' DSLR would bother.

Back