Naples...infrared.

Edit My Images
Yes
513304034_aMFT3-L.jpg

I'd be tempted to crop that so that there was no sky and, if possible, no towerblocks, but that's just me :nuts:

I'd be tempted to crop that so that there was no sky and, if possible, no towerblocks, but that's just me :nuts:

Not just you ;) I agree. Cropping the height just above the halfway point (above the prominent dark dome centre right) would have been my choice as well I think.

I like the shot though (y) I have not used IR much, must have more play time with it...

Thanks for commenting....I wanted to show the polluted sky and the hint of mountains behind, also the towerblocks to show the contrast in styles.

Heck of a shot, was it taken from a building/hill?

Thanks a lot, it was taken from the castello....forgot the name.

Not just you ;) I agree. Cropping the height just above the halfway point (above the prominent dark dome centre right) would have been my choice as well I think.

I like the shot though (y) I have not used IR much, must have more play time with it...

Thanks glad you like the image....I shot a lot of IR in Italy over two years and intend to do more now I'm back in Oz.

Please don't be offended, it's a nice shot, but I can't see the point of that shot being in IR. A normal B&W would probably have worked just as well :shrug:

im a sucker for IR anyway but love this (y)

Thanks very much.

The ugliest city in Italy ,looks realy well on your picture. Iam impressed.

I agree, not a pretty place....but very interesting, thanks for commenting.

Brilliant shot!

Would love a hi-res.
What camera, and was it converted? or just a infrared filter :).

Thanks a lot.....I had my old Canon 300D converted by Lifepixel in the US...also I almost always use a CPL.

Nice sharp shot. I reckon it looks just right as it is.

Please don't be offended, it's a nice shot, but I can't see the point of that shot being in IR. A normal B&W would probably have worked just as well :shrug:

Not offended, just disagree. I took some 'normal' shots with my 30D and the difference was quite noticeable. The IR shot had much better penetration of the haze and it renders buildings in a particular way...more 3D. I did do some HDR shots of the other direction and they came out quite nice too.

Cracking shot!!!!

Not offended, just disagree. I took some 'normal' shots with my 30D and the difference was quite noticeable. The IR shot had much better penetration of the haze and it renders buildings in a particular way...more 3D. I did do some HDR shots of the other direction and they came out quite nice too.

Fair enough :)

Lot of detail there.
Think I agree with losing the sky.
Would be interesting to see your regular BW shot to compare.

i like it how it is, think if you cropped the sky off, it would be a bit boring.

I'm for the crop as well

Nope not happening :).

Fair enough :)

No worries.

Lot of detail there.
Think I agree with losing the sky.
Would be interesting to see your regular BW shot to compare.

Thanks for your comments.

i like it how it is, think if you cropped the sky off, it would be a bit boring.

Thanks very much, I totally agree.....the mountains through the haze add an important element for me.

Back