NAS / Media Server Help!

Name
Elliott
Edit My Images
No
I've just taken delivery of my Mavric and looking forward to creating some lovely 4K footage.

I did a quick edit today and copied my completed 4K .MOV file to a USB and plugged it into my £1,800 Sony Bravia 4K TV........... UNSUPPORTED FORMAT!!!!!!! :eek:
So I pulled out the manual and it appears that my expensive TV only supports a handful of formats and even then only up to 1080P (So much for 4K :mad:)

Now, despite the manual claiming that .MOV is unsupported, I did get it to play a .MOV in 1080P so I assume a firmware update sorted that out, but I want to play 4K movies, that is after all why I bought a 4K TV.

So, now I'm looking for a media player that will support 4K .MOV files in H.264 / AAC Audio, but it's all confusing the heck out of me. Media Servers / PLEX / Kodi / Software decoding / Hardware decoding :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Without going completely over the top, what do I need to store my videos (and some music) to support 4K videos via HDMI output (which will connect to my Yamaha Amp and then out to my TV). Yes the Yamaha Amp does support 4K

TIA

Back