Nas to Nas sync

Studio488commercial

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Anyone recommend some sync/backup software, basically I have a new NAS with two shared folders, I want to sync these folders to two other NAS we use, all three NAS are different brands so a desktop solution would be ok. if backing up software it needs to be at copy of the file not a backup file if that makes sense. Rsync is how we used to do it but because of the different NAS's its a pain now ! we need backup software that allows network shares basically.

The idea is that if we have a failure of our main server, we simply change to a different share on the network

ta

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
I do this to sync my Synology & Asustor NASs and I use a Robocopy batch file that runs as a scheduled task on my PC every Saturday morning. Obviously, it's easy to change that to daily, hourly, whatever. The batch file also wakes up the backup NAS. The basic Robocopy line is

c:\windows\syswow64\robocopy \\server1\share1 \\server2\share1 *.* /COPY:dt /DCOPY:T /FFT /MIR /R:5 /W:5 /MT /NP /LOG:share1.log

but there's a bit of preamble to wake up server2 and make sure the PC is in the right folder for the log file.

Last edited:
Back