Wales Nash Point Wales

The layered cliff of Nash Point itself is quite photogenic and catches the evening light. There's a nice lighthouse. The shore is made up of stepped limestone pavements which are great for photographic details, or as foreground interest for Nash Point or seascapes facing out to sea. Especially when they're glistening with water, reflecting the sky. You get these lovely rounded pools, often containing large round pebbles. In drab light it's not really that instpiring, but when the light is low it's actually an amazing place to shoot. (So is Dunraven bay a bit further down the coast).

Last edited:
Hello Joseph,
Really to echo Ihasa points, the location really does need good light more so than many other Coastal locations that I have photographed. Now, i have always struggled with Nash Point for various reasons, but here is a couple of my shots that I'm ok with, should they be of use, and at least give you an idea of whats there.

Also, be careful getting down to the shoreline, its an ankle breaking landscape, trying to navigate the boulders and limestone in the dead of night by head torch alone is a challenge :)

ISO25600-Lighthouse
-

Rough Seas at Nash Point
-

Nash Point Milky Way
-

Regards
Geoff

Last edited:
I second Dunraven Bay, only a few minutes drive up the road and plenty to see/photograph. My favorite local beach :)

Southern-down-beach-with-rainbow.jpg

Golden-footprints-at-Southerndown-beach.jpg

Theres a lighthouse and cliffs, not much else. just along the coast is Dunraven bay (as mentioned already) in my mind a better bet. Theres the walled garden (not sure what plants will be out now) the beach itself, and fantastic cliffs and a bit along the beach (passed the walled garden and down some steps) is a small beach waterfall Cwm Mawr.
Be aware that the tide can cut you off in places by the cliffs if your not careful, there is an escape ladder but it's a good way along, people have been caught before so plan your times with the tide.

tn_GOPR0257_tonemapped.jpg

tn_IMG_4091xxx.jpg

Last edited:
Back