Review National Geographic Earth Explorer Large Shoulder Bag - NG2477

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok my First Review

(sorry about iPhone pictures, my camera is in the pictures )

After a day in the mud and mist I decided a rucksack was not the best bag for quick lens changes

So after a bit of research I decided I wanted a Domke or Billingham but didn't want to spend that amount, The bag needed to be big but not huge, rugged, and look ok when dirty and used and not scream "im a camera bag, come rob me" so for me the stand out bag for me was the National Geographic Earth Explorer Large Shoulder Bag - NG2477

I purchased mine on eBay for £35 inc P&P, the best new price I could see was £99

IMG_0715.jpg

The Bag is well built, looks good and seems that it will wear well

The bag in made from a very solid thick khaki hemp material, upon opening the bag my initial impression was padding could be better, but with the internal square padded pocket section it seems to be ok plus there's 1 additional padded removable flap. when empty the bag will pack almost flat

Colour Khaki
Size 310 x 425 x 140mm
Internal size 300 x 420 x 180mm
Weight (g) 1700
Material Hemp Canvas
Style Shoulder Bag
Weather shield No
Airline carry-on Yes

For me it houses

IMG_0713.jpg

Canon 60D
15-85mm
120-400mm
430ex ii
Sigma 105mm
10" Netbook (13" will fit)
Loads of little accessories

IMG_0713.jpg

There's still room for 1-2 more lenses or possibly even another body

The outside of the bag has lots of little pockets with good zips and it has an internal lining which looks like it will be waterproof to a degree, although I have not tested it. All of the fittings are solid, I did notice some of the original bags suffered from a strap problem, however this seems to have been ironed out and mine is the improved model

In all I cant really fault the bag, although a couple of straps to attach a monopod to the brass rings would have been nice, but I will just buy a couple of cam-lock straps

Overall after just 1 week I would rate this bag at 8.5/10, however this could change as time goes on

For now it has stopped me searching every forum or auction site for a Domke F6 :LOL:

Last edited:
Back