Beginner Nature Photography

• Thread starter Deleted member 70912
  • Start date
Hi Calum You will get more response by putting your shots on here. Rather than directing people to other sites. Having sead that I like your flower shot. I always like it more when the shot has a title.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Calum.

I'm intrigued as to why you can't use anything but Instagram "because you're only 17"...

We certainly don't have a "Age Bar" on the use of our Gallery on TP for example - feel free to drop your shots into there - though there are certain size requirements that need to be met - Images up loaded to your gallery must not exceed 1024px on the longest side, nor 350Kb or you will get an error message. I'd suggest that you post process in whatever software you use, then prepare a "special" file for the Gallery, applying the appropriate level of sharpening etc. for screen display.

Failing that, the usual suggestion is to sign up for a free Flickr account - you can actually host up to a Terabyte of photos and video on there, and if you so choose set the display as being private, so it's effectively just a big cloud-based disk...

Good shot Calum, sign up for Flickr and if you need any help just ask on here

... Is it okay if I use my logo on my shots in the top corner? as I've had many issues in the past with people downloading my images.

No problem - lots of members use a "watermark" of that type, but remember, if someone really wants to steal the image, they will - 30 seconds in photoshop would have lost that watermark without a trace - the only way to top people nicking your images is to not put them on the internet...

Use you logo Calum .. lots of people do

There's not much you can do if you post images on the web to prevent copying as logos etc., are easy to clone out ........keep you web files to under 250k, (some may say smaller) and 72dpi and maybe 800 x 800 and then at least all they will copy is a smallish file

Maybe others can advise on other methods to protect your images

Last edited:
btw - I think you can still link a shot from flickr to here , regardless of their odd age policy.

The other thing is that photobucket, flickr etc only know you are underage if you tell them... if you say you are over 18 (by ticking a box or posting an incorrect birth year) they'll take your word, its not like they can ask for ID

Hello, please can people have a look at my new photography website I have recently created. My website domain name is

sacredmlp .co. uk

I am new here.

regards

Sacredmlp

The thread is a little confusing now the OP has been removed. A month isn't long to wait but like others have said websites don't seem to check your age is correct, looks like you are 20 on TP! Look forward to hopefully seeing more images in the future once you get linking works, there is always TP's own gallery as an option to display images and link to threads.

How do I add photographs to this website.
Hi Alastair

Welcome to TP

You have resurrected a very old thread.......I suggest you start a thread of your own to get it noticed ;)

The thread is a little confusing now the OP has been removed. A month isn't long to wait but like others have said websites don't seem to check your age is correct, looks like you are 20 on TP! Look forward to hopefully seeing more images in the future once you get linking works, there is always TP's own gallery as an option to display images and link to threads.

Hi Rob

Have you seen the date of this zombie thread ;)

Back