Naughty Fox

Name
Timothy Mayo
Edit My Images
No
I was in a bird watching hide watching some ducklings under a bird feeder when this fox jumped out of the bushes and ate a number of ducklings and their dad. Not a good day for the ducks sadly! Shot with the Sony a6400 + 100-400mm GM lens.

full

Last edited:
Tim,nice image,what you have described is hard,let it be said I'm a slight duck nut ( I have worked with them reared many bla de bla) So I guess one side of me might have been spared here,by you only posting this image. Can I ask if you have more and could share if you did take other frames of the 'erm action,that's the other side talking the side that sees this for what it is a predator doing what it does. I'd sort of worry it might offend some so maybe if you have more tell folk what they might see if you click on your thread. It seems a rare rare chance you have just wiitnessed: to have have a camera to hand and see a fox attack ,simply doesn't happen every day. Utterly you choices bro, please forgive, I just can't help but ask if you have more.

Mate it;s your first post 2 little things,one a monster welcome:D and 2 are you sure you don't want folks to edit the odd frame?? I've learnt so much from some of the lads and lasses here. I think the no to editing get;s in by default not always what a newer guy wants and also easy to go unnoticed

Anyway,cheers for sharing always cool to see charlie even though I have a love hate relationship with the species!! Wild fox images are hard won unless the hours go in it's always cool to see one posted,maybe foxy is a bit central it's one of those instances I'd argue with myself over ,if I had the time for such things ,which one rarely does !! The one blade of grass through the face is a pain ,but there almost is always one !!

Tell the clever folks your techs if ya want to be better want crit,if ya don't then have a ball :)

stu

That's quite unusual behavior for both species, adult duck would probably fly off at first sign of the fox
unless it was injured, ducklings scatter, they can move fast.

Tim,nice image,what you have described is hard,let it be said I'm a slight duck nut ( I have worked with them reared many bla de bla) So I guess one side of me might have been spared here,by you only posting this image. Can I ask if you have more and could share if you did take other frames of the 'erm action,that's the other side talking the side that sees this for what it is a predator doing what it does. I'd sort of worry it might offend some so maybe if you have more tell folk what they might see if you click on your thread. It seems a rare rare chance you have just wiitnessed: to have have a camera to hand and see a fox attack ,simply doesn't happen every day. Utterly you choices bro, please forgive, I just can't help but ask if you have more.

Mate it;s your first post 2 little things,one a monster welcome:D and 2 are you sure you don't want folks to edit the odd frame?? I've learnt so much from some of the lads and lasses here. I think the no to editing get;s in by default not always what a newer guy wants and also easy to go unnoticed

Anyway,cheers for sharing always cool to see charlie even though I have a love hate relationship with the species!! Wild fox images are hard won unless the hours go in it's always cool to see one posted,maybe foxy is a bit central it's one of those instances I'd argue with myself over ,if I had the time for such things ,which one rarely does !! The one blade of grass through the face is a pain ,but there almost is always one !!

Tell the clever folks your techs if ya want to be better want crit,if ya don't then have a ball :)

stu

Hi Stu. Sorry for the slow reply, I might need to turn notifications on or something here as I missed your message.

Not a good day for the ducks that's for sure! Or duck lovers like yourself!

Are you on Facebook? If so, you'll find some more photos from this fox and the kill in this public group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/alphawildlifeshooters/permalink/359450994585344/

If not, I'll post some up here.

I'll take a look at the edit option, although I quite like him being central in the frame. That one blade of grass is a little annoying, but it was the environment he was in so I'm not too fussed about it.

Cheers, Tim

That's quite unusual behavior for both species, adult duck would probably fly off at first sign of the fox
unless it was injured, ducklings scatter, they can move fast.

The fox must have been hiding only a couple of meters away in the bushes. The ducks were busy munching on leftovers that had dropped from a bird feeder so weren't paying enough attention. The fox was definitely quicker in this instance unfortunately. It was hard to see how many he killed as the grass was so long.

Back