ND 10 (77mm) filter for Tokina 11-16

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, when I researched this a while a go I think B+W were the ones to go for. Is this still the case?

If so is there a slim version that anyone knows will work with my Tokina 11-16? Budget is around £100.

Cheers, Ben.

Hi, when I researched this a while a go I think B+W were the ones to go for. Is this still the case?

If so is there a slim version that anyone knows will work with my Tokina 11-16? Budget is around £100.

Cheers, Ben.

Multi-coated B+W is the best, though there are a few others that run it close for a less money.

TBH, I'm not sure you'd need a slimline filter for that lens. I've not tried the Tokina 11-16 but I've checked a few other super-wides with standard 5mm depth filters with no problems.

As a guess, I think that what perhaps people see as vignetting with these filters is a natural optical characteristic. On a super-wide, around the edges the lens looks through the filter at an angle, so it's effectively thicker and darker. Easily corrected in post processing but it often looks quite attractive ;)

If it does intrude into the image area, the corners will be distinctly solid black. Check it at a high f/number to be sure.

Back