Nd filters (10 stops) . Which one to choose?

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
Hi All

I'm on the lookout for some decent filters. Been looking at the LEE 100mm system but need some ideas on what they're like.

LEE, Nisi etc. Which one?

Currently using hoya 77mm nd64 but want a proper set of filters now.

Off to Vegas and Toronto on Halloween, so want some to make my trip to Niagra Falls a little bit special.

Ideas?

I use Lee filters. I think all 10 stoppers have a colour cast to some degree and Lee filters do too. However they have changed their formula recently (within the last year 18 months I think) to give less of a colour cast. Not that it has ever bothered me. It does what it says on the tin so to speak, and lasts well and doesn't scratch easily. I've tried a few of the screw in types before and was never satisfied with them (prob 'cos they were cheap and nasty) the decent screw in jobs are good but you need to deal with different width requirements. I'd imagine the Hoya to be good.

Not used in anger other 100mm ND filetrs so can't really comment. Formatt-Hitech have a good rep, but whether they are better or not I don't know.

Ideally, I'll be looking at using said filters when I return for my car rig photography. Seen a lot of people recommed nisi, but so unsure.

I'm happy with Lee. Like a lot of other brands there are differences between filter with neutrality etc. Even the ones that say they are neutral.

Well, after careful consideration, I went with Rollei Mk2 Gorilla Glass 100mm system.

Apparently the best on the market

Back