ND Grad Filters - A Question

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Evenin' all,

I don't own an ND grad filter. I think this is a mistake as I've seen such wonderful results obtained with one and my skys are nearly always carp.

So the questions are this.... where's the best place to get one? whats the best make to get (given that I'm a cheapskate and won't spend more than £30)? and what sort should I get as I believe there are different grades?

Cheers

Andy

A 2 stopper is generally the one that 'togs use the most and hard grads (where there's a sudden strong line rather than more graduated fade out to the clear part) are, as a rule of thumb more ideal for DSLRS. Not sure I agree with that as a definative guide though..

Having said that, I'd much prefer having soft grads for things that aren't a straight line, such as mountains and hard grads for horizons, otherwise the line of the hards would show in a lot of photos if used for wrong subjects.

Cheers mate, I'll have a shufti.

Andy

A 2 stopper is generally the one that 'togs use the most and hard grads (where there's a sudden strong line rather than more graduated fade out to the clear part) are, as a rule of thumb more ideal for DSLRS.

Having said that, I'd much prefer having soft grads for things that aren't a straight line, such as mountains and hard grads for horizons, otherwise the line of the hards would show in a lot of photos if used for wrong subjects.

Thanks for that mate, useful info.

Back