ND Grads *&%*!>?!$£!

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
After reading as much as I can, including threads here, I look at the latest AP and find...

Cokin P: Slight Blue Cast.
Formatt Hitech: Noticeable Blue Cast.
Kood: Slight Green Note.
Lee: Slight Colour Shift to Blue.
SRB-Griturn: Significant Blue Cast.
Tiffen: Neutral.

Then we have the deviation from marked factor on Grad.

All in all a minefield - and I thought the article might be helpful!
By the way - Tiffen = £205!! Lee = £52!

HMMMM!!!!!!

I use the Formatt Hitech ones and have not noticed any "Noticeable Blue Cast" :cautious: :thinking:

I'd write that off as wrong from my own experiences

Cokin were known to give a magenta cast, not blue

The same goes for some people's Hitechs when stacked (but not mine) and noway near as much as the Cokin, noticable blue is ludicrous

+1 to what Knikki said, I've stacked three Hitech NDs of various ratings and never seen any colour cast problems with mine.

cokin ND8 I dont notice the colour issue?
3593086248_3a92300fab.jpg

Michael.

I never had an issue with Cokin filters until recently, then suddently I get a huge magenta cast, and I have no idea why. Not a clue what it is, but dont use them anymore as they are useless, noticed it first with a new ND8, then tried my old ND grad that had been fine and noticed that started showing it and it seems to have got worse over time, not sure if it is something to do with them aging or what. Totally stumped.

..... fix it in post if there is a problem, don't know much about nd filters so can't add much more useful info

i know for a fact that the lee grads at completely neautral. why do the majority of pro landscape togs in Europe use them??

I have had a thread recently on here re Cokin Z pro filters -- magneta when stacked and against a white/grey background

see example here:bang::bang:

Cokin1.jpg
[/IMG]

Thinking of sending them back to see if I can get my money back...then its Lee for me..

Went from Cokin P to Z thinking they would be better...doh..you can get rid of the cast in PS or LR but why when they cost a good few quid!!!

Lee do kits - try Speedgraphic or Warehouse Express

I don't use grad ND filters, so I can't speak from personal experience here. However, one would imagine that if the colour cast is from a graduated filter, surely it will be difficult to remove in Photoshop, as there will be a variable degree of cast across the frame...?

Auto colour correction seems to work in most cases but not for clouds -then we are into colour cast, as I have said before we should not be having to do this given the cost:nono:

Back