Near Hebden Bridge-Sunday 21st October 2012

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I thought I would try to get some more Autumn landscapes before the leaves drop. Came within a hairs breadth of falling in the stream with rucksack full of camera gear and tripod..Still don't know how I managed to stop myself going in...could have been a VERY expensive day out.

Crimsworth Dene by Philip Dalglish Photography, on Flickr

Crimsworth Dene. by Philip Dalglish Photography, on Flickr

Crimsworth Dene by Philip Dalglish Photography, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,

Philip

They all do capture the autumn feel, looks like you had a good day out. I like no 3 the most but may have gone for a slightly longer exposure time.

Some nice set here Phil. Would love going here at some point. Have been hibernating since my move to new house!

Lovely shots.
I bought a pair of clogs from a shop in Hebden Bridge once....yes, it was a long time ago lol.

You`ve caught the autumn look really well
out of interest where abouts in hebden bridge is that as I do get over that way a few times

I think he means the location of the images!:)

If you head for Hardcastle crags, park at Midgehole car park, Crimsworth Dean is nearby. There is a fantastic double waterfall there too! I'ts marked on the OS map not far from Pecket Well.

Nice set there, brings back a lot of memories as I spent a lot of time in the area. Spent many weekends at the Scout Camp, Hebden Hey! Ging gang gooly gooly gooly gooly watcha!! (sorry)

Last edited:
I think he means the location of the images!:)
QUOTE]

Thanks for that baz I was up at hardcastle crags abit ago so I know where you mean now looks like its another to do trip out some time

Would love to see a crop of No 2 of the top left corner. Bottom east /west crop line when the brown changes to green and the north/south crop line just to the left of the tree wityh the red things! on it.. Hope that clear??

This is the route....{ may have mistakenly thought it was Crimsworth Dean...sorry. This shows the route from Hebden Bridge. Point B is a small bridge by a set of hairpin bends. You can park on the hill as you turn left over the bridge....hope this helps.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr...g;FcqXNAMddX7g_w&t=h&mra=me&mrsp=1&sz=17&z=17

Easy mistake! It's Blake Dean you want! on the bends as you go up the hill on right, is a little chapel, that also used to belong to Halifax Scouts and spent a couple of nights in there too! Ghost stories went down very well as the small graveyard is still there! The Pack Horse pub is just a bit further on and the food was most welcomwe after climbing on the rocks at Widdop!

i like #1, just a thought on - add a little brightness and contrast to it maybe bring out some shadows in the post ? it's a great little sheltered scene.

Those were really nice :)
I caught a train from Leeds to Blackpool on the day you took those and I thought the scenery around Hebden Bridge & Sowerby Bridge was beautiful. Not been out that way before. It honestly made the journey really worthwhile, wish I could have got off and stayed there a while.

Philip and barry thanks for info on how to find the spot went there yesterday will post some images up later on my own thread I have to say the views are stunning and there is alot to discover will be going over there again for sure

First is a peach of an image, gorgeous autumn colours and nice rich creamy shadows.

last is a good composition, but it looks as though you have tried to pull back some shadows, consequently the detail looks a bit washed out.

I love the colours and subject of the second picture. But I feel that the water lets the photo down slightly. It would benefit from being either perfectly clear or silky, rather than in between as it is now. Otherwise perfect though.

I love the colours and subject of the second picture. But I feel that the water lets the photo down slightly. It would benefit from being either perfectly clear or silky, rather than in between as it is now. Otherwise perfect though.

Thanks for the comment, Tomos. There was an annoying breeze, and I decided I wanted to try to keep the berries as still as I could...but I know what you mean about the water.

Back