Nearly out of 35mm colour film!

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm down to the last 9 rolls of 35mm colour film (Kodak Pro Image 100) in my stash. I'm undecided about what to do as I will soon exhaust all the cheap colour film I have accumulated over the last few years and there don't seem to be any replacements that might be described as cheap, for example, Kodak Gold is hovering around £10 a roll I see. Boots have Fuji C200 for £8.99!

Luckily I have quite a lot of colour 120 film and plenty of 35mm black and white film so perhaps I'll just stick to black and white for now and only buy colour film for special projects.

...even at the bootie film is as rare as hen's teeth, maybe someone clearing out stuff at a jumble sale is the only way of getting cheap film. But as film seems to be popular ATM it wouldn't surprise me if dealers are first in and snap up bargain film (or cameras) and put them on ebay for a fat profit. :(

No comment .....

Maybe you'all should do what I did years ago and visit Poundshops and get on your hands and knees looking for rolls of Agfa that might have dropped down under the shelves. o_O

B&H used to deliver to the UK - I've bought Ilford film from them (cheaper than from the UK).

False alarm!

I cleared out the cupboard under the stairs, a deep, dark space, but dry and quite cool and found a huge stash of film in a cold box! A s*** load that I now remember buying when film prices crashed but couldn't fit in the freezer. Interestingly, most of it is not very out-of-date, the expiry date in 2020 seems to be prevalent. Some rolls are still in date, not the Reala, which is pretty old (I bought two 20 packs from Mr. CAD when production ceased). At the rate I use film, say 60 rolls a year, this batch will surely see me out, as I prefer to shoot black and white.

Or I could cash the lot in for a fortune to Lomographers? Well not exactly a fortune, but a bit of spending money.

IMG_1279.jpg

Back