Need 3/8 to 1/4 adapter for monopod

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I have a Giotto MML 3260B monopod where the (male) thread to attach the head is 3/8". I've been using it with a Redsnapper RSH-12 ball head which fits fine. After a while I decided that for some uses I wanted a lighter, smaller head and got a RSH-61/30. However it has a 1/4" (female) thread so won't attach. The only adapter I can find is this Manfrotto one but at £17 seems expensive when the ball head is £30. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

There was no indication on the Redsnapper site that it had a smaller thread. Frankly I don't think I would have bothered to get one had I known. It is too late to return it, though, as my husband bought it as a present four weeks ago, in good time for my birthday today. He didn't try it out to check that it fitted so I'm now stuck with it.

I'm a bit surprised that it doesn't have a 3/8" thread as it is so easy to adapt that to 1/4"....alas, not the other way round.

TIA

The thread on the Giotto MML 3260B has 1/4" and 3/8" fitting, it's reversible ;)

All the gear and ................................:)

Back