Need a bag

Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for a new case for my 400D, which has the handgrip as well. I have a Lowepro Slingshot 200AW, which houses all my gear. Nice case but it is too large to lug around, not forgetting to mention that it is heavy also.

I intend to keep the Lowepro but would like something to just put the 400D into and go. A shoulder bag as opposed to a rucsack

Any recommendation appreciated :)

I went with a Crumpler Pretty Boy (now replaced by the Muffin Top line) as a "traveling light" bag myself. I have a Lowepro Primus AW for longer hikes or when I want to bring more, but I picked up the Crumpler for when I want to limit myself in what I bring.

I too have a 400D with a BG-E3 grip and ended up going with the Pretty Boy 5500 (XXL) and it fits the camera /w grip and sigma 17-70mm lens nicely. I an also throw my 50mm 1.8 and Sigma 55-200mm lenses on the side if I want, which I wasn't expecting. You might be able to fit the camera and grip in a Pretty Boy 4000 (XL) depending on what lens you have attached, but it will be tight because of the grip.

What about the smaller 100 AW? not sure how much smaller it is but it could be worth a look

I know it is always hard to tell if something will fit, and I struggled with the Crumpler sizes, and so here are a few pics to show you my gear in the bag - you can see it has the two lens on the side for those times when you might one to bring an additional lens or two. As well, you can see the 400D with grip will fit both ways, but with it the way it is in the 2nd picture the bag bulges a little and I find that it doesn't rest was well on the inside divider to support the weight.

crumpler1.jpg

crumpler2.jpg

Thanks for the pics, am looking for another new small bag myself and that looks absolutely perfect! (I bought a smaller prettyboy and it doesn't fit with the grip).

I also have a Slingshot 200, which is great in lots of ways, but not for travelling light or really easy access.

Got a Crumpler Muffin Top 7500, which is just the job. You might struggle on the depth with the winder, but if you want to travel light, take it off.

I found the shoulder pad on the Crumpler didn't have any grip and kept slipping off, so I replaced it with a black Billingham one. Sorted (y)

I know it is always hard to tell if something will fit, and I struggled with the Crumpler sizes, and so here are a few pics to show you my gear in the bag - you can see it has the two lens on the side for those times when you might one to bring an additional lens or two. As well, you can see the 400D with grip will fit both ways, but with it the way it is in the 2nd picture the bag bulges a little and I find that it doesn't rest was well on the inside divider to support the weight.

crumpler1.jpg

crumpler2.jpg

Thanks for the pics and reply - Looks ideal :)

I went with a Crumpler Pretty Boy (now replaced by the Muffin Top line) as a "traveling light" bag myself. I have a Lowepro Primus AW for longer hikes or when I want to bring more, but I picked up the Crumpler for when I want to limit myself in what I bring.

I too have a 400D with a BG-E3 grip and ended up going with the Pretty Boy 5500 (XXL) and it fits the camera /w grip and sigma 17-70mm lens nicely. I an also throw my 50mm 1.8 and Sigma 55-200mm lenses on the side if I want, which I wasn't expecting. You might be able to fit the camera and grip in a Pretty Boy 4000 (XL) depending on what lens you have attached, but it will be tight because of the grip.

We also have the same kit too! (y)

Glad I could help. There are other bags out there and so take a look around, but if you do go Crumpler I just thought some pics with the same gear would help.

Cheers!

Looks like the Pretty Boy 5500 has been discontinued. Anyone know what the equivalent replacement is?

Looks like the Pretty Boy 5500 has been discontinued. Anyone know what the equivalent replacement is?

Muffin Top? Mine looks so similar as makes no difference.

I went with a Crumpler Pretty Boy (now replaced by the Muffin Top line) as a "traveling light" bag myself.

Numerical sizes should be equivalent I believe, and so the Muffin Top 5500 would be the same size as the Pretty Boy 5500 XXL.

Back