need a new bag and tripod for my 400D any recommendations please

Name
Mark Turner
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

Just purchased a new 400D as my first DSLR. I'm now wanting to purchase a ruck sack type bag that will fit the camera plus 2 further lenses and a couple of other bits and pieces like flash/battery etc when I get them. I'd also like a decent tripod. Not really sure what to look for apart from it needs to be sturdy and fairly light weight.

My budget is around £150 - £200 for them both new.

Thank you.

I recently bought the LowePro Orion Trekker II bag which is a backpack style bag. There were lots of reviews saying it was too small, could be bigger etc. To be honest, it's big enough unless you're hoping to take the contents of your house out on shoots with you.

At the minute i've got my 400D with 18-55mm attached to it, 75-300mm , 50mm f/1.8, all sat snugly in the bag. Also got 2 spare area's for my 430ex flash gun which will be my next purchase, and another lens.

The top compartment has plenty of room for spares, it's got a netted area, aswell as a few zipped up area's inside, and obviously the large part of the bag for a drink/sandwiches etc.

I payed £39.99 for mine, but can't for the life of me remember where from (online somewhere), but if i remember correctly they retail at about £50-£60.00 ish.

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=LowePro+Orion+Trekker+II&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Plenty of places at that link to buy, hope this helps dude (y)

*Sorry for the photo size, didn't realise it was so big*

ther is a lowepro mini trekker, that might do what your after. you can get one for £60 and you will get 12 months subscription to practical photography as well (retail bout £100 for bag on its own), no idea on tripod or how much you can get in it. still waiting for mine to arrive.

try looking at www.lowepro.co.uk and www.tamrac.com or www.tamrac.co.uk

2 common makes that seem to be decent

I have the Lowepro Mini trekker and its pretty good giving a bit of room for your kit to grow.

As for the tripod, I'm thinking of one of these redsnapper ones as they seem to offer great value for money.

I can recommend the Lowepro vertex backback series but might be too big for you. Also consider if you need to carry a laptop as well as camera gear.

For tripods the Manfrotto 190 and 055 series seem popular and sturdy.

many thanks little man that bag looks great and certainly big enough for my needs. also the red snapper tripod looks excellent value for money. how does it compare to the manfrotto 190 xprob?

thanks again this is a great forum! :)

I'd second the lowepro. May be worth looking for the AW variant (All Weather) if you're out and about in the Rain.

If you do lots of photography close to the ground or in muddy conditions the Benbo Trekker tripod is well worth a look too.

Rob.

Back