Need a new Phone - Decent Models?

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

As per title, my phone is due for a free upgrade so was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of what you think is a decent one from your experience.

I'd like maybe one with the new touch screen technology, decent camera and good screen. I'm on Samsung now and like them alot, so any ideas?

On my orange account I can see which I'm allowed, and at the minute like the look of the Samsung S5600 Black & Nokia 5800.

Just wondered if anyone on here has any info on a good model ;)

Thanks alot :cool:

iPhone

Or failing that something with the Android operating system

I have the Nokia 5800 and wouldn't recommend it. The Symbian OS is a poor pretender, slow and clunky. Camera is pretty poor and the chargeable apps available from Nokia are expensive (cheapest is a £1 but most are £3) and 99.9999999999% are ****.

As Craikeybaby says, iphone if you can stretch to one or something with Android.

htc hd 2 would be my choice dunno if it's available on orange though

I've the Nokia 5800 and am more than happy with it.

Strayed away from Nokia a few times of late but have decided they are just the best built.

It's not a great camera though to be fair but that seems to be the case with a lot of the iphones.

iPhone is good. But, rubbish camera on it.

Spec wise the camera is rubbish, but in reality the quality is pretty good and with apps such as Best Camera you can create stunning images. Infact I'm pretty sure there was a thread on here for iPhone photos...

Spec wise the camera is rubbish, but in reality the quality is pretty good and with apps such as Best Camera you can create stunning images. Infact I'm pretty sure there was a thread on here for iPhone photos...

It's OK (ish) in good light, but is not a patch on some phones... no flash etc. I love my iPhone, but not for its camera.

The wife has the Nokia 5800 and isn't too keen on it. She wants to swap me for my SonyEricsson 905c and she's no chance!

I just got an iPhone and love it but the camera is only 3meg.

My wife just got a Nokia N97, the normal version not the mini and the camera on that is excellent, with flash etc..

Just get an iphone :p If the contracts weren't so shocking i'd get one, but if you can wangle one of your upgrade you'll be fine.

i want an iphone, but i pay for mine and wife contract and currently pay £45/month for both contracts

cheapest (non tesco) is £30/month and so for 2 @ £60/month for 24 months £1440 on mobile bills is a bit OTT for my current budget really

sony ericsson satio, 12mp camera, not bad results so far :) and it has a flash

HTC Hero is an excellent phone, good clear screen, 5 megapixel camera but no flash. Works great on web, google maps etc and vast amount of free android widgets

Review here but bear in mind there may be some reference to screen lag that was fixed with Rom update
http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/23/htc-hero-review/

Concur, i have just had my first android phone, the HTC hero and the only thing i have trouble with is bluetooth, but i hardly use it anyhow so not a loss really.

I love my HTC Hero.

Most of my friends with iPhones want one after living with the iPhone from launch and having gone through several handsets......

Thanks for the replies.

I have an ipod touch already, so an iphone is pretty pointleaa. Didnt even know what android phones were, but a lad at work has one and it looks very nice. I can get a HTC tattoo ink for free so think i will order tonight!

Just going to read some reviews now wohooo

Back