Need graphics card help! (AGP card?!?!)

Dab

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, my graphics card on my 5 year old desktop is playing up and it needs replacing, but from what i can tell the old card has an AGP connection rather than a PCI connection. I think the card was a Radeon 9800. Does anyone know of any cards that are still available which use this connection type, preferably for around £50? I'm skint at the moment and can't really afford much else!

I purchased an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro AGP card on EBay from Hong Kong. It cost just under £30 including delivery and arrived in less than a week. It's installed and working fine.

Oh im so pleased im not the only one with this problem :LOL:
I have an Asus a8v deluxe Mobo and run the same graphics card,mine too has now started to play up.
It groans and grinds like crazy and drives me nuts :wacky:.I have dismantled it and lubricated it and that does the trick for a little while.
I have been finding it difficult to get a compatible AGP card for my comp too,so if you have any luck finding a card let me know.

We used a lot of those at work. The fans were poor quality and lasted approx 18 months or so, worse in dusty environments.

Plenty of ATI radeon replacement cards about for AGP though.

How about a Asus HD 3450 512MB Low Profile AGP Graphics Card for £38.79

DVI, VGA and HDMI outputs

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/169448

I have a 9600 XT 256 Meg Card lying around if you want it (Maybe give a small donation to the forum ?), Cant guarantee it works , it hasn't been used in a few years. Drop me a PM with your address (y)

Hi guys, my graphics card on my 5 year old desktop is playing up and it needs replacing, but from what i can tell the old card has an AGP connection rather than a PCI connection. I think the card was a Radeon 9800. Does anyone know of any cards that are still available which use this connection type, preferably for around £50? I'm skint at the moment and can't really afford much else!

Sure its not just the fan is dead and its getting too warm? New fans are cheap as chips...

Sure its not just the fan is dead and its getting too warm? New fans are cheap as chips...

No I'm pretty sure it's the card as I've cleaned out the fan etc and it seems to run ok, but the image the card displays is still knackered.

I'll take a look at the suggested cards above and see what looks best, cheers for the help guys!

Got a couple of AGP cards somewhere back at my folks house that are unused. My dad was trying to sell them, but dont think he had any responses.

The most recent one is a 512MB ATI Radeon HD 3850 with DX10 support. It's not too bad actually and if its still about im sure a deal could be done. Would certainly be a lot faster than the 9800.

Back