NEED HELP FAST******************

Problem is the Nikon D300 is a very old camera in photograpic terms and some try and off load on ebay for one reason or another. Personally I would look here for DX model replacement

Last edited:
well all the options have been tried..................:thinking:

the aperture lever is at the BOTTOM. Pressing Func button set to LV the lever quickly rises to the top then returns
the REVERSE of what it should (as in my D90)
and hence accounts for the brief clear image of the object in the viewfinder

all set back to Factory - and I'll start an eBay Returns Notice...............(n)

As I showed in the photo. You have had bad luck with those D300 cameras.lets hope you don't have more problems with any future purchase

As I showed in the photo. You have had bad luck with those D300 cameras.lets hope you don't have more problems with any future purchase...

well she's accepted a Return with No Quibble so I suspect you are right about off-loading problems on eBay

tn_your D300.jpg

Joe of LCE has been in touch ... a good condition D300 6k shutter.............I going to take 1 last shot

6 month warranty ... the deed is done..... (y)

well she's accepted a Return with No Quibble so I suspect you are right about off-loading problems on eBay

View attachment 288021

Joe of LCE has been in touch ... a good condition D300 6k shutter.............I going to take 1 last shot

6 month warranty ... the deed is done..... (y)

@Yardbent

:D hope it's a good as it sounded on the website with that nice low shutter count.

@Yardbent

Guildford LCE is my local store....................I have used them a few times over the (many) years to buy new and trade-in once or twice. The staff IMO know their stuff and are good at what they do and LCE afaik as a company are 'the good guys'.

So, as mentioned by others "fingers crossed" that this shop bought one will be nothing like the others you have experienced to date :)

I know who is getting excited at the prospect of having a decent camera, but I won't say who ,

Lets hope it won't be as long a wait as I am having to do with a Royal Mail First Class Large size letter. 6 days and still waiting . Amazon time 2 days delivered

Last edited:
Fingers cross..........

Obviously something not right .. return to seller as faulty .. IF you do decide to buy another get from a Reputable source such as wex.

Random Internet search suggestion ... 'go into settings and disable the DOF button (last option is "none")'..

You're the buyer and as such ebay will help you get your money back if the body is faulty.
As previously suggested buy from a reputable retailer next time if you want after sales service and a warranty...

LCE show a few D300 including one with a 6k count all seem to well under £200 and some higher count ones <£100...

Bought quite a few things from LCE - good service....

well thanks to everone who helped about D300 #4 ...............it has been posted back to the eBay seller

as suggested i contacted a dealer..Joe at LCE - very helpful - I bought the item #5 with 6k actuations
it arrived today - not a mark - much better than 'good' with extras thrown in too eg a Nikon remote and 2 batteries
tn_270111 £150 (6K).jpg

well pleased.....................hats off to LCE............ :clap:

Back