NEED HELP PRICING A WEDDING

The biggest problem is usually crowd control - this goes double when the half cut posse see you as one of them , not as 'the proffesional' - my advice would be

- don't try and build up to the everybody shot - by that point half the guests will have got bored and gone to the bar , do the everybody shot first and then pare down to just B&G
- Get the ushers to help you assemble groups and stuff (or the mother of the bride), basically someone who won't get told to eff off and who will recognise great aunt flo
- don't ask groups to say 'cheese' it don't work - best bet is to maker them laugh (one option is to get them to shout 'wheres my pig' and then shoot imediately afterwards while they are giggling) also with a group where you know someone won't take offence you can try "lift your chin madam, and the other one" - don't try this with strangers
- Don't try to stop uncle bobs from shooting its pointless and they won't , instead ask them to give you first dibs on a group then give them time to shoot. If someone is a complete pain in the ass ask an usher or the best man to have a quiet word , don't bother the B&G with such issues.
- try and get about half and hour minimum with the B&G away from the guests - that gives you some uncle bob free time to nail the must haves
- get a list from the B&G of the shots they want (and also any must have info like that the brides parents are divorced and shouldn't be photographed together)
- change cards and batteries and go to the toilet during the wedding breakfast - don't eat with the guests as this is the only down time you'll get in the day , make sure you are back for the cake cutting and speeches though.
- check with the venue/celebrant what the rules are on shooting during the service and respect them (expect at minimum no flash, minimum of moving about)
- bottom line you can be the photographer or a guest but not both, so if you are the photographer getting half cut and hitting on the bridesmaids isn't an option (although i was once at a wedding where the tog got absolutely smahed and passed out on the lawn of the venue , leaving me to shoot the first dance with a compact)

Cool every helpful! I had considered some of those but not all! I'm there as the tog until the first dance, then all my gear is getting locked away and I'll be having a well earnt pint or 10! I'm good friends with the groom and we have the same friendship group so I already know all the Ushers to be and the family. I have already said to them I'd like to see the venue and speak with the vicar or whomever is running the show before hand.

Thanks for your help, I'm sure I'll be asking more questions nearer the time!

Back