Need Help with Godox ad360 - sony a6000

mike version 15 is the latest installed on the x1t trigger. I gues thats fine. thanks for you're input. I think all the info i've got is fine. its working now on hss with no troubles and no banding. Start testing it soon and checkout the results. LOng way to go, but have to begin somewhere.
Thanks you all for the input.

Just tested. AD360 works fine in HSS without the Y cable.
I don't know about the latest version, the original one certainly did need the cable.
mike version 15 is the latest installed on the x1t trigger. I gues thats fine. thanks for you're input. I think all the info i've got is fine. its working now on hss with no troubles and no banding. Start testing it soon and checkout the results. LOng way to go, but have to begin somewhere.
Thanks you all for the input.
The problem is, today's cameras, flashes and triggers are incredibly complex and there can be a very sharp learning curve, which is the downside of having brilliant technology.
My advice to you is to practice and experiment to the point where you can use it intuitively, with no thought process whatever - this will allow you to work quickly and to concentrate on what really matters, i.e. subject and composition.

Mike have checked it and the x1t already have version 15 updated. so I don't have to do that. Thanks for youre advice

That is the one that @Garry Edwards says does not work, which you, me and the guy in the video have used it and says it does not need the Y lead.

Mike
When I worked with Lencarta, we were the first in the UK to sell this product, quite a few years ago now. I also visited the factory, spoke to their engineers and was instrumental in getting the various improvements made.
I also used it, extensively, so I think that I would know whether it worked properly in HSS (and also in strobe mode) without the doubler cable.
Anyway, it's Christmas, and I'll be away for the next couple of weeks, so this will be my last post on the subject.

When I worked with Lencarta, we were the first in the UK to sell this product, quite a few years ago now. I also visited the factory, spoke to their engineers and was instrumental in getting the various improvements made. There were several improvements made to the original model.
I also used it, extensively, so I think that I would know whether it worked properly in HSS (and also in strobe mode) without the doubler cable.
Anyway, it's Christmas, and I'll be away for the next couple of weeks, so this will be my last post on the subject.

When I worked with Lencarta, we were the first in the UK to sell this product, quite a few years ago now. I also visited the factory, spoke to their engineers and was instrumental in getting the various improvements made.

Well that does not explain how a number of people got it to work unless other dealers stocked an improved version to Lencarta and that is something I very much doubt

Mike

Incremental improvements over time? It could be something to do with the triggers originally available at launch. Nevertheless my copy does HSS even at full power without the Y conector.

Last edited by a moderator:
All the Y lead does is increase the flow of charging current to the capacitors in the head unit. The head unit will only fire when there is the correct charge QED the Y lead will not be needed for HSS

HSS uses more power than normal firing at the same power level so you could hypothesise that the Y lead would allow for longer bursts of HSS than just a single connection as in the performance is better but at the cost of longer bursts is the potential for thermal cutoff to be activated quicker

As I said I know it works because I used it that way, but as I no longer own one I can’t check my hypothesis

When the AD360 was released there were 2 triggers, the FT trigger could not do HSS and the other trigger (think it was cells II) could (I have one somewhere)

Back