Need help with my nikon D50

Dal

Is always right
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Bit of a strange one this.

I can't figure out how i change the auto focus from continous focus to single point focus. at the moment if i shoot in manual, shutter priority, apeture priority, or program, i have to hold the shutter button halfway for it to focus, but if i set it to sport mode it goes to continuous focus. how do i set it to continuous for the manual modes as those are the ones i always use. just wondering as it will help me out alot when i take the camera to some motorsport shows.

Also i'm thinking about buying a battery grip with shutter release but have been told you need to run a wire up the hand grip to the IR sensor for it to work and i also need to change it to IR on the camera, is this correct??

thanks in advance for the help.

Dal

What a co-incidence, my D50 arrived yesterday and i'm really impressed, it's the perfect starter DSLR

To change to AF-C (continous autofocus), simply go to the menu shown below, push >, and select (AF-C)

dsc01369iu3.jpg

Hope this helped,

neil.

lovely thanks mate, will try that when i get home.

i'm well impressed with it so far. i didnt realise how many different settings there are, even for the flash. its great. huge improvement from my little old fuji.

right just had a play with it and its sorted. cheers for the help mate.

cheers Joe. loads to learn now :D.

oh and after reading a topic on here i just accidently bought a sigma 70-300mm APO lens. what a shame lol, thats 3 lens's now haha, this is getting very expensive already doh.

Same with me, bought my D50 in May last year, then it was this lens, that lens, filter, bag, memory cards, etc. Skint life of a photographer, ah well just means not spending money on other junk :)

Same with me, bought my D50 in May last year, then it was this lens, that lens, filter, bag, memory cards, etc. Skint life of a photographer, ah well just means not spending money on other junk :)

its terrible aint it. my lens arrived today. its really good, far better build quality than the nikon ones i have aswell.

very impressed with it.

its terrible aint it. my lens arrived today. its really good, far better build quality than the nikon ones i have aswell.

very impressed with it.

Glad you like it, was out on Sunday with mine shooting the Red Kite, most of the shots of it are soft because I was at 300mm. Hopefully I will be getting the nikon 70-300 VR to replace it soon so all will be well :) .

After getting my Nikon D50 back from Nikon for repair to the 18-135mm Lens, am "re-enjoying" the experience of owning a DSLR!! :bang:

And now I am looking for a decent macro lens to tide me until my da trip to China in the new year...:bonk: :woot:

its a very slippery slope as i bought a Lowepro bag yesterday aswell, think i've spent about £700 so far lol, soon add's up.

although i did get a really good deal with the camera.

That all?

Just worked out £2700 this month. my wallet hurts now lol

what kit have you got though??

Canon 30d + grip and spare battery, Canon 70-200mm L F2.8 IS lens 1.4x and 2x converter (2x on order) and a couple off filters.

Also want a Canon L f4 300mm or the 5.6 400mm havent decided yet after i sell my sigma 50-500mm

Also i'm thinking about buying a battery grip with shutter release but have been told you need to run a wire up the hand grip to the IR sensor for it to work and i also need to change it to IR on the camera, is this correct??

Yeah unfortunately there is no grip available with a proper vertical release. Most grips are just extra batteries. From what i have heard most IR grips are pants and the IR transmitter things fall off regularly, not to mention the pain of switching to remote mode every time you want to use it.

Canon 30d + grip and spare battery, Canon 70-200mm L F2.8 IS lens 1.4x and 2x converter (2x on order) and a couple off filters.

Also want a Canon L f4 300mm or the 5.6 400mm havent decided yet after i sell my sigma 50-500mm

no wonder your kit costs more, isnth e 30D about £1200?? £700 for my kit is alot of money to me considering i'm not selling any photo's yet.

Back