Need Serious and Brutal Critique

CraigF

Suspended / Banned
Name
Guess..Bet you don't get it.
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys.
I love this one but i seem to be the only one.
Whats wrong with it that im not seeing.?

:nuts:

well if i was being totally honest..

1.his head looks to big.
2. you have cropped his feet
3. shooting down on a subject like that makes them look very dominated.

but that said if you like it (y)

who cares(y)

md(y) hope you dont mind my honesty

I actually like it and think the angle has some merit. But to be honest the feet need to be in frame for it to truly work for me.

We've go most of a charming child - all is essential for this image to work. There is no sense of composition as the image fills the frame, but not a good way. The position of the hands is awkward. It might work better as a portrait, so the posture, hands and feet stop being an issue.

Would be better if his feet were visible, and I think it needs a slight sharpen.

Gary.

Was in a rush to post this before i started work tonight.
Original has his feet in it, and is a lot sharper.
It seems a few of you have touched on the major issue of Head to Body ratio.
I was making an album of my son for his mum (my ex), i showed the album to my mum and dad and they were livid with that picture.
I personally felt it potrayed a "Little boy lost" look but they seemed to think it made him look like a dwarf.
Ok..One for the archives and not the album i think.
Cheers

In my opinion, i wouldn't say anything nasty about it! I think its actually quite a good shot!(y)

Assuming you have the feet (?) I think it is okay and would include it in an album spread.

To be honest I cannot understand anyone being livid with it...

Anthony.

I like that-its different(but would like the feet included):D

I don't see why people would be livid either:shrug:

As said, needs feet... and a haircut.
Not a bad attempt

I can see what you are trying to achieve . . . and you almost got it. You're trying to do that lost puppy look, looking up to you for comfort . . . and that child certainly has it.
The clean uncluttered background is perfect, so, if you had the whole of his body (like what everyone else as said, not cut off his feet) and leave enough space below his feet as what he's got above his head, and you'll have a shot worthy to be proud of.
Keep at it, you almost had it. :)

To me it looks like a caricature shot that hasn't quite worked, but has, unfortunately, left the kid looking as though his hands are malformed.

Back