Neewer gear...

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07566DJNF/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3N9SH0QIH54R3&psc=1

I'm looking to expand a bit more with my lighting for some family shots at home and just general education etc.

I've seen this kit... It seems appealing with the modeling lamps to help me get an idea of how the light will cast.

It's got 2 light stands (what I don't have) plus the added extra bits...
I currently have an entry level camera d3300, I generally shoot with my 35mm 1.8 prime..
I also have the neewer tt560 manual flash with remote trigger also.
Would my money be better spent elsewhere?

Yes, Lencarta.

Those are cheap and from China, best of luck if and when you need warranty repair.

• LONG CHENG JIE DAO AI LONG LU GUANG YE CHENG
  • XUE FU DAO HUA YUAN 5 DONG B ZUO 17F FANG
  • SHEN ZHEN
  • GUANG DONG
  • CN

If you’re prepared to carry the risk of no warranty, they’re really cheap.

As above, if you want something a bit better with a warranty, try Lencarta or Essential Photo.

That’s the flash tube, the modelling bulb is quite an ordinary modelling bulb shape,
Thanks!
Are these usually of standard size or do these often vary from model to model? (obviously the watt output has to be 300watt)

I'm only looking on my phone, but it looks very much like a Jinbei flash - basic technology but pretty decent quality (Neewer is just a re-brander, not a manufacturer) and although the flash tube is unlikely to last for less than 50K flashes, you'll be stuffed if it does, or if anything else fails.

Thanks!
Are these usually of standard size or do these often vary from model to model? (obviously the watt output has to be 300watt)
If you’ve never worried about changing the tube in your speedlight, why be concerned about flash tubes.

You might be able to get a spare, but it’s a £60 flash. If the flash fails, it’s not likely to be the tube, if it is, you may be able to fix it, if it’s a different part, you’re hardly likely to be able to fix it. But we live in a world where we chuck TV’s away every 5 years.

Thanks.
I'm keeping an eye on the amazon lightning deals at the moment and see if it gets a 10-15% discount. If it does I'll probably order (unless anyone fully scares me off) If not I'll hang on till the end of the week and make a decision as some of the things in the kit are useful...
The stands, the softboxes, the triggers and the mounts. For a hobbiest I'm hoping it will give me more of a feel for the equipment as I've never used strobes before.

Back