Neil Howard Stages at Oulton Park.

Edit My Images
No
Afternoon all ,

Just wondering who's going to this? Ive only ever been once when i was starting out so im looking forward to seeing how much or if i have improved. I have also heard they are running it a bit different this year in regards to layout... anyone know anything about that?

Maps are on the oulton website if you navigate to it through race calendar. My understanding is they are running in reverse in the morning and using part of the tarmac rally stage cutting out druids on half of the stages. Other half use the track plus the water splash.
Off road section near lodge appears to be gone this year too.

Had a look at the maps and the areas for Spectating seem very limited compared to last year :( .

Yes. I've had a look. The Knickerbrook grandstand is sold out. That is just opposite the watersplash. Other spectating points seem to be little different from a normal meeting. I thought that they went off road in past years, but this year the stage plans indicate that it is all tarmac. Think the watersplash is really just for the punters.
I was thinking of going, but I'm not sure that I will now. Not a lot to excite me there.

Yes. I've had a look. The Knickerbrook grandstand is sold out. That is just opposite the watersplash. Other spectating points seem to be little different from a normal meeting. I thought that they went off road in past years, but this year the stage plans indicate that it is all tarmac. Think the watersplash is really just for the punters.
I was thinking of going, but I'm not sure that I will now. Not a lot to excite me there.

Exactly what im now thinking. I really enjoyed the off road section around Lodge last time out. The water splash is ok as long as you get there while the stage before is running an no one with a go pro on a stick is by you. Had that last year.

In my youth I used to follow rallies around the country. Was a regular on the late lamented RAC, but that was in the era of 5 day events. Spectators could get well into the forests and close to the action. Everyone was sensible and there were no Portugese Rally type incidents. Then Joe Public latched on to a free day out with excitement - Alton Towers without paying - and now there are so many rules and regulations, especially since that idiot woman got killed in Scotland. Even this week's Welsh thing has hardly made the press: rallying is a victim of it's own success.
I see VW are dropping out next year. Wonder where that will leave Ogier?

I agree with what you have put there. I remember being dragged up at silly o clock in the morning to be taken to stand in a wet forest and ended up loving it. Followed in through out my teens and even was crew for a few local events.It is a pity with all the rules and regs regarding spectators but i can see why it has to be done. I think Ogier will end up in RX.

I was suppose to be going but had to back out due to a family issue. Was tagging along with a few Sport photographers...

Back