Neist point lighthouse and more

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
Admittedly it could have been an even better outcome from that evening, but even these are not too bad. Not knowing the location and arriving late really limits your options so plan ahead and arrive well in advance.

The images:

1. Sligachan (last stop before the final assault to Neist)

2. Golden light

I have a tighter crop but I think I prefer this. I am not 100% sure if I should lighten the sky a little?

3. sunset (in the wrong place for lighthouse, or more like i was in the wrong place for it)

4. afterglow I

5. afterglow II (back on the ridge)

6. Blue hour

Sure there was always an option of staying at Sligachan or going to Elgol. It is now an academic debate what would have been best.

I have a more in depth description of these images in my blog post about Isle of Skye http://www.longlensphotography.co.uk/blog/2015/5/isle-of-skye-photography

1 and 3 for me. I has plenty of interest with just the right exposure time imho. 3 has really nice lighting and composition. Good stuff!!

The weather gods were obvoiusly on your side, and all credit to you for taking advantage in recording this really classy set, that does justice to the photographic opportunities on Skye. Personally, I like #6 the best, for its composition and the great strength and subtlety of the light.

Beautiful set...really lovely.

So much goodness here. You've come away with a really fantastic set.

1. I really, really like your choice of spot on the Sligachan, you've walked a bit up from the pub have you? The light in 2 is amazing but would have preferred to see that light in a composition as at 4. 3 is just top, really nice spot and frame.

Did you get any of the light on the coastline that runs off to your left as you look out to the lighthouse? Seem to remember when I was there that it was a very impressive set of cliffs. Was peeing down though.

3 and 4 for me are stunners from a super set,another place on my list to visit
Cheers

So much goodness here. You've come away with a really fantastic set.

1. I really, really like your choice of spot on the Sligachan, you've walked a bit up from the pub have you? The light in 2 is amazing but would have preferred to see that light in a composition as at 4. 3 is just top, really nice spot and frame.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I have walked upstream where the river splits in two and changes direction a little bit.

Edit: coincidentally I do have a shot like 4 done earlier on

Did you get any of the light on the coastline that runs off to your left as you look out to the lighthouse? Seem to remember when I was there that it was a very impressive set of cliffs. Was peeing down though.

The cliffs way to the left had the same lovely light, just there was no time to really explore the place properly. It is really following the weather carefully before committing to that journey. It's a stunning place but it requires great light.

Last edited:
My favourite is the 4th from the first set. I really need to go here, I've been to Skye 20-30 times yet I've never actually been to Neist point, I keep meaning to but I'm yet to go.

Fantastic set, really beautiful light, love the afterglow shots. I don't think you need to lighten the sky in the golden light shot the cloud balances off well with the light on the land ( the grassland on the top)
Struggling to pick a favourite here I think the last shot is a particular favourite.
Cracking work(y)

Back