Nephew/Niece - 1st Portrait Attempt - C&C Please.

Edit My Images
No
pot_8.jpg

pot_7.jpg

pot_6.jpg

pot_5.jpg

pot_4.jpg

pot_3.jpg

pot_2.jpg

pot_1.jpg

Lovely children. I think that they call for another attempt at this. I'd go for a backdrop that doesn't have creases in it, I'd try and avoid getting the floor in view and I'd straighten the images before posting. I think the images when they are together work better, even if in #1 it seems he is worried about her strangling him. I think the top half of the last one is my favourite because of the children's expressions. I hope that helps.

Lovely children. I think that they call for another attempt at this. I'd go for a backdrop that doesn't have creases in it, I'd try and avoid getting the floor in view and I'd straighten the images before posting. I think the images when they are together work better, even if in #1 it seems he is worried about her strangling him. I think the top half of the last one is my favourite because of the children's expressions. I hope that helps.

Thanks Russell. Points Noted. :) Will try another attempt with the above pointers in mind. Thanks for your C&Cs (y)

i agree with the coments above, also try and get a tighter crop on their face

How do you mean by tighter crop :thinking: Can you eloborate?

definitely worth a second attempt, the focus doesn't seem right to me so i would watch that. Also if you move the chair / children further away from the background it should blur more so you can't see what it is.

definitely worth a second attempt, the focus doesn't seem right to me so i would watch that. Also if you move the chair / children further away from the background it should blur more so you can't see what it is.

That's a good point Toothie about moving the subject away from background.

They look like a couple of happy kids! As said before try pulling the backdrop tight and experiment. Do you have a light to place behind the backdrop? Its would be nice to see some shots of the kids looking at the camera as well as all around. Focus should, traditionally, be on the subjects eyes. Try messing with the cropping. You can often get a superb shot out of a throw away shot by cutting tight on one part of it!

An example:

touch5a.jpg

Not a good picture... but cropped to this is better.

touch5b.jpg

Then you can edit this like so:

touch5c.jpg

I am not putting these forward as examples of the top end of the art just a set from my last visit to our neice but it shows how you can often get good shots later by editing. In fact I think the last one needs sharpening! :)

If your interested the boarders come from the script we have been working on see : HERE

Back