Nero Platinum 2018, how do I burn photo's onto a disk?

Name
Aura
Edit My Images
Yes
This is the first time I've used this programme. What do I need to do after finalising the images? I've also switched it to PAL, as it was on NCSC?

Many thanks.

This is the first time I've used this programme. What do I need to do after finalising the images? I've also switched it to PAL, as it was on NCSC?

Many thanks.

Hi Aura

You start by asking how to burn to photo's to a disk and then in what you say above it sounds like you are creating a video because both PAL and NTSC are video TV standards.

So, are you simply wanting to make copies of say your JPEG image files on a DVD disk or indeed are you creating a video sequence of the stills???

Thanks for your answer. I've already added the photo files to the timeline. How do I burn them onto a disk please? I think I'm creating a video sequence of the stills of my Jpeg image files onto a dvd disk?

Thanks for your answer. I've already added the photo files to the timeline. How do I burn them onto a disk please? I think I'm creating a video sequence of the stills of my Jpeg image files onto a dvd disk?

I have a much older version of Nero and it has been a while since I created a DVD video but as I recall the process was semi automatic in that once all the video files (in my case) were imported I like you select the settings like PAL and then picked the "create a video DVD" and it went and created all the finalised files and burned to the disk.

Sorry I cannot offer further detailed insight.......but Nero as I mention was/is very automated.

It is 2018. Nobody uses optical discs any more. Not many devices can even read it.

I still use them and all my machines have dvd-rewriters, and I also have a Blu_Ray re-writer :)

TBH for what you want I would use ImgBurn which is a FREE program to burn to disc.

I've been using it for years and it is ultra easy to use and gives excellent results:

http://www.imgburn.com

Last edited:
I still use them and all my machines have dvd-rewriters,

Wow! What sort of machines are these? Mine are optical disc free since 2012. That's almost 7 years now. I used to hate using them. Slow, noisy and fail within 2 years. Every single one of them regardless of brand.

Wow! What sort of machines are these? Mine are optical disc free since 2012. That's almost 7 years now. I used to hate using them. Slow, noisy and fail within 2 years. Every single one of them regardless of brand.

They are nearly all workstations bought cheaply on Ebay with no HDDs, OS etc and then re-built to my own desires.

Includes HP Z600 and my latest is a Z800 which I bought with 96GB RAM and twin CPUs (the fastest ones - Xeon 2690).

And the Z600s and Z800 kick the crap out of most i7s - 12 cores beat 4 cores almost every time!

The Z800 is a real BEAST - about 1610 on Cinebench when on full power.

The only problem with these machines is the fans - they don't ramp up when the CPUs get hot - so I use SpeedFan which has to be specially tied in to every processor (all 12 of them) - but now works fine.

Have also got 4 Samsung 960 SSDs (3x500GB and 1TB) in RAID 0 which gives me a 2TB SSD running about 950mb/Sec.

The extra 500GB left on the 1TB SSd is running in Samsung's RAPID mode which uses about 4GB RAM as a cache which gives it a nominal speed of about 2.5Gb/Sec.

I usually run a 48GB RamDrive when editing pics (about 3.5GB/Sec)

And the OS is on another SSD on a PCIe card running about 400Mb/Sec.

And it also has THREE DVD bays - 1 fitted with a DVD ROM and 2 DVD re-writers - so some of us still use them!:LOL:

Last edited:
I'm really stuck with Nero platinum 2018 at the moment. I've tried importing all the files, but I keep getting a message saying Unable to insert C:\Users\Louise Topp\Videos\Babbacoomb village.nvc.

How can I sort this please? Otherwise, i might have to reload the photo files and use Ashampoo.

Back