Nest Tripods

Name
Malcolm
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently have a Slik 500 DX tripod, but find it a bit of a beast to lug about. I've recently seen several adverts for Nest tripods and wondered if anyone has bought or seen one, and can give a valid opinion.

The one that interests me is this one:

http://www.nest-style.com/traveller-nt6294ak-tripod-kit.html

My camera is a Fuji X-T1 and the heaviest lens I use is either the 10-24mm or 55-200mm.

Thanks in advance

Malc

Just another Gitzo traveler style clone, sure it will work fine, but bit heavy for me at 4 1/2 lb for a travel tripod.

Have a look around, probably be able to find something similar in carbon which would be a fair bit lighter

My Slik 400DX and Benro B1 head weighed 2.226Kg.

I have just bought a Benro C228N8 with B1 head and that I have just weighed as 2.067Kg. It's a little taller assmbled, shorter folded, a lot sturdier and the bigger head has no problem staying put - like you the most challenging assembly I can muster is the XT1 and 55-200mm. The Slik/B0 couldn't handle that well, nor could the Slik Pan Head. The one down side is the Slik was better balanced when carrying, the Benro with it's light legs and heavy head feels awkward, however I would certainly recommend a similar Benro - the C25, C22 and C26 are all the same principal dimensions, just varying amounts of sections and heads. (I was originally looking for a 2570 which is only a 3 section, the 228 is 4 section.

I know it doesn't help you with that particular tripod, but I can at least say what does work with the same equipment.

Are alot of tripods these days all made by the same company? There's so many brands with exactly the same looking tripods in there ranges?

Are alot of tripods these days all made by the same company? There's so many brands with exactly the same looking tripods in there ranges?
One of the video reviews I watched for nest mentioned the parent company (cannot remember the name sorry) but quote them as the worlds largest tripod manufacturer ?

Thanks for the replies, all. I took the plunge and ordered one from Nest anyway - the model I linked to in my original post. Although the carbon model is a bit lighter, weighing that up against the wrath of the wife and the future longevity of my marriage, I settled on the aluminium model to save £80.

I ordered it yesterday using their standard, free, 3-5 working day delivery service and was amazed when it arrived today, 24 hours after the order was placed. It is substantially lighter and more compact than my old Slik and on initial examination, appears to be of very high quality indeed. It looks to have been updated a little since the description was put on the website as two of the legs now have foam grips.

I will have to get out and about to try it, now and report back.

Good to hear Malcolm I was really impressed with the engineering and quality of the systematic I purchased

Back