Net gear or tp-link

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just upgraded to a virgin vs box,it arrives on Monday.
The recommendation is to hardwire using an ether net cable if possible .In my case the modem/router is too far from the tv to use a cable without rewiring the house.
Wi Fi may work on but if not it will be power line. A net gear from Virgin is reasonably priced at £50 delivered ( they are about £70 elsewhere) but I can get a TP-Link for about £30 does anyone have experience with the two .
I am tempted to the net gear as I think the Virgin modem is net gear

I don’t think it really matters which brand you choose, I’ve mixed brands in the past without problems. We have the older Virgin router and it’s wireless capabilities are pretty grim.
I’m routing the signal round the house using TPLink Home plug networking gear. I’ve 1 unit feeding the Virgin box in the lounge and it’s also connected to an Amazon TV box and an Apple TV box. There is a 2nd plugged unit in the lounge which is a wireless repeater, the wireless signal from that is brilliant both upstairs and downstairs.
There are 3 other plugs in other parts of the house, 1 connects to an older Virgin Tivo box in the kitchen and the other 2 serve a cctv system.

Based on that I can heartily recommend TPLink gear! The odd thing is they sent me the latest Virgin router a few months ago and it totally trashed the homeplug system, network speed dropped through the floor and I had to reinstall the old router.
Sorry for the long winded reply, I hope some of it is relevant.

I use TP link devices from my house to my shed some 60 feet from the house. They are used to feed my NAS drive in a small safe. Speed is okay but mine are old so would probably be faster on newer one. Been running for about 5 years faultlessly.

Back