Never stopped raining...

Name
Craig
Edit My Images
Yes
Walked up my first Munro yesterday in the rain, but it didn't stop me from trying to snap a few. The weather was wet all the way up to the second false summit where we stopped for lunch, but after that it was like we were on a totally different mountain. We got hit by heavy rain, hail and stong winds. It was pretty harsh climbing the last 200ish meters.

Anyhow, this is one of the pano shots I managed to get on the way up while the clouds were higher and it was 'dryer'. You can see rain splodges on the lens but I think it summed up the weather nicley (y). As you can see, Loch Earn manages to defy gravity since I didn't want to keep my camera out in the rain for to long, and may panning angle was slightly squint.

Image breaks the forum guidelines, so its a clickable thumbnail.

Nice picture, shame about the weather. A lot of my scottish pictures look rather similar :LOL:

Did you take more than one picture and merge them together? or are you using a wide angle lens? Thinking about getting one myself..

Multiple shots stitched together, that's why the loch is squint. I never bothered to check each angle and just shot as quickly as I could to try and keep my camera dry.

I will be picking up a cloth when I next get paid, it will be a permanent addition to my bag to make usre my lens is always dry.

Back